Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

We also had Jodie the pregnant teen in 77 or 78?

Thinking back to the Williams family, Bill dropped Steve (never to be seen again) and never followed through with Todd.

Once Lilibet Stern left,Patty was on borrowed time and it did seem pointless for Paul to have 2 parents hanging around, hence the decision to backburn Carl.

My thought was-

What if Katherine Kelly Lang had been the recast Patty?

First of all she resembled Lillibet more than Andrea and I think she would have had more staying power than Andrea.

KKL had already appeared  on Y&R as Gretchen (Patty's friend) but that was a while before and not a big barrier for a recast.

Patty might have stayed for years and the Williams more prominent.

Could you see a younger KKL as Patty?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I always wondered what Krista Teserau would have been like as recast Patty ? I liked her as Mindy on GL

Christopher Holder came on Y&R as Kevin in January 82. I wonder why they did not try him as a recast Greg ? Maybe if they had done that, they could have written Nikki claiming her ex husband Greg was her baby's father while pregnant by Victor. Nikki tried her best to hold onto him when their marriage hit the rocks and this would keep him tied to her in some way. Liz and the other Fosters/Brooks could have been involved as well. Maybe have Greg in love with Peggy and Nikki was screwing all that up. Lorie and Peggy would have confrontations galore with Nikki.

The Bancrofts were short lived anyway. 

• Members

I like these story possibilities.

I wonder if Bill considered all these angles or just went with his gut feelings?

Greg being a possible father was a good angle and would have kept the Fosters around longer. Then Greg , having split from Nikki could have hung on as the town lawyer and slipped into the John Silva role as confidant to Jill -his sister and 3rd wheel for other ladies like Julia and Nina.

• Members

I agree. Greg should have been the town lawyer. It seems like Bell just had the frame of mind " I'm just going to scrap this mess and start over again" It's kind of sad. Most soaps kept their main families on for the duration (Hughes, Hortons, Bauers, Frames, Matthews etc...), but Y&R scrapped theirs and its was like the first 10 years of the show never existed. 

If you find long term fans of Y&R this day and time....most have only been watching since the 80's or 90's, but there are very few you will find that were watching the show in the 70's. My Mom watched from day 1 in 1973. 

• Members

Seems like Katherine Kelly Lang would've made a pretty good Patty recast.  I know she'd been Gretchen, but we didn't see that much of Gretchen, and it would've been easy to accept her as Patty.  Probably would've extended the character's shelf life as well.  Andrea Evans may have been a *wonderful* actress -- I couldn't tell, because she just wasn't anything like the Patty we'd gotten accustomed to seeing.  Badly miscast.  

• Members

@AlexGrimaldi cool, thank you! That 1988 opening must be from 1983 US eps... super rare clips! I wonder if it means somebody has got the full episode online somewhere.

LOL Don Diamont gave it a good try in Italian. I remember him saying people always thought he was Italian, but he's actually Jewish.

Funny how they put the actors' ages in the article. It makes the age gaps between the couples stand out.

• Members

@BoldRestless

Don Diamont stayed in Milan for a while in early 80s, when he was a model. 

He often went on vacation in Italy with his family. 

In 2018 he was a contestant in the Italian version of Dancing with the stars (Ballando con le stelle), settled in Rome. He understood pretty well the language and was able to talk in a decent Italian. Very nice guy, humble, friendly, kind, open minded, a true gentleman. He made some friends in Rome, even common people. 

1990-91 openings 

The song Fallen was popular at the time, because of Pretty Woman.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Italian Dancing with the stars: 

2006 Sean Kanan 

2007 Katherine Kelly Lang (special guest for one night)

2010 Ronn Moss 

2012 Ronn Moss and Adam Gregory (special guests for one night)

2014 Katherine Kelly Lang 

2018 Don Diamont 

Daniel McVicar did Notti sul ghiaccio in 2007 (Dancing on ice) and L'isola dei famosi in 2011 (Celebrity Survivor)

Clayton Norcross did La Fattoria in 2005 (The Farm)

Kabir Bedi did L'isola dei famosi in 2004 (Celebrity Survivor) and he's going to appear in Grande Fratello Vip (Celebrity Big Brother). 

• Members

Was Sabryn Genet playing a different character and not Tricia during this time? Funny how they were involved here when Matt Clark returned a few yrs later as Carter Mills using Tricia in his plan to seek revenge on Nick.

Edited by fivethej