Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Love Eileen Davidson but don't think I can stomach another Locher Room episode. Glad that others are seeing what I see. Once upon a time, there used to be some trolls in the As The World Turns thread who would pounce if critical posts and they were especially exasperating on how they'd fawn over Locher and his livestream show.

How I wish someone could contact and convince Roger Newcomb of the We Love Soaps blog to start doing livestream podcast interviews with daytime soap stars, who deserve so much better. 

Some of us had asking for this for a solid year now, to no avail.

• Members

I mean, it is part of the job but one thing I noticed here that I appreciate is that she answers the question and is always friendly and gracious... but you know how many times she has done it because she keeps her answers short.

Other folks who do fewer interviews will launch into anecdotes and stories but here she is not far from just "yes/no" very often on the most common basic questions. She is good because it never comes off as terse or rude. She is a professional; she knows to keep the interview moving.
For instance, when they ask her which of her characters would go on Housewives. She just says "Obviously Kristen". A less clever interviewee might be tempted to explain why at length but she knows better. Answer with a smile and next question.

• Members

She's spoken about Brenda before.  If I remember right, she met Brenda at some type of "celebrity waiter" event, and recommended that Brenda audition for the role, as she'd already told Bill Bell that she was leaving in late 1988.   

Alan Locher is a babbling fool.  I'm sure somewhere out there, a WORSE interviewer exists, but I've never actually seen a poorer one before.  

Please register in order to view this content

If the nitwit planned to ask about Eileen's co-stars (Michael Tylo, lol), why on earth didn't he ask about Don Diamont?  That's who Eileen was paired with for several years from the late 1990s through the early 2000s, was the character who raised Abby Carlton (mysteriously known now as Abby Newman-Abbott, which makes no sense at all), and was married to Ashley during the breast cancer storyline.  Also, he'd previously been Eileen's boyfriend in real life during the late 1980s.  Instead he asks about Michael Tylo (who she never met) and J Eddie Peck (who she worked with for about a week).  He's a complete ninny.   

• Members

Post-Bill Bell (and my personal favourite year) I would say 2001 was very good from start to finish for both Bell soaps storyline-wise and production-wise, with 1999 and 2000 not being too far behind (yes, even the sperm-caper story, total guilty pleasure of mine).

I was disappointed when they didn't show too many episodes from that year when last year's classics aired. It seems as though 2005 was a writer's room favourite year because a lot of things happened that forever changed the trajectory of some families during that year, also the last year Y&R was considered to be classic recipe by many.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92