Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Your Welcome!

Please register in order to view this content

Leanna is Only in 3 episodes as a contract player in January 1992, and I think by February she's recurring. I'm missing 2/11, 2/24 and 2/26 but she's  on the 2/26/92 episode. 

I think her appearing till 1993 is a mislabel, again if she appeared sometime after the 3/9/92 date I'd like to know, but I think that was it till summer 1998.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wonder if people counted the opening credits? That 1993 Nikki opening was the first to get updated in June way ahead of the others. Sad Leanna probably didn’t a farewell ep unless someone mentioned it later on at all but I don’t think Carole got one either that year. 

• Members

They may have been going by contract dates. She is still in the opening credits as late as Mar 1993, she may have been in the opening longer than that, I haven't checked. I think Barbara didn't join Guiding Light until August 1993 or thereabouts. Maybe she was on contract or recurring and just didn't appear past Mar 1992.

Whoops just saw you mentioned that

• Members

Terry Lester from a SOD interview in 1981

'I'd like to give some credit to John Conboy. When I came on the show last year they introduced Jack with a whole new storyline and when things didn't work out so well, the writers didn't know what to do with me.So I didn't work for two months. But John kept me on the show and during the writers strike my character began falling into place.Thanks to John Conboy I'm still on the air'.

I guess Terry only had contact with Conboy and heard things filtered through him, because surely Bill Bell was making the decisions about who we saw on air.

Wonder who wrote the show during that strike?

• Members

Watching that particular show I have the impression that something was off between TL and the production. He seems to be constantly missing his blocking points forcing the camera to alter its movement. However, he was a vet by then and surely he knew exactly how to move around in the scene.

Also, I wonder if his new look - with the glasses and goatee - had been approved by the producers lol.

• Members

That’s a good question. He might have been his first couple months and then got bumped off. On the flip side I did some digging around and found that by fall of ‘97 LeBlanc(as was Van Duden) was listed as recurring yet Gordon Thomson was on contract playing his lawyer character. 

• Members

The premiere episode of Y&R has been uploaded. I don't know if I would call it all that entertaining but it is certainly intriguing and moody. Bill Bell might've agreed as he wrote out all these characters in the space of a decade. (Brad Elliot only lasted 5 years). Among his early characters he only hit the jackpot with Jill and Kay.

It's certainly a treat, though, to see the first episode, as few of them exist online except maybe B&B. I'd never seen it.

Deidre Hall also closes the episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXAYoelRZNI&list=PLOXwYic1iRo29DQn_Oz4pPUM_7knvS9Vd&index=75

Edited by AMCer

• Members

The memorial day episode, posted earlier, was absolutely fabulous! It rehashed expertly the Jill/Kay backstory with several memorable flashbacks and it closes with Jill asking Kay to bury the hatchet. And it includes some of the great puzzle story. Cooper was at the top of her game then too. (Of course when was she not?). Dickson, meanwhile, could go from excellent to ridiculous in the same line reading. At this point she wasn't the great actress she was starting to become in the 1970s, but she was always entertaining.

I always thought it was funny that Phillip was basically buried in the Chancellor backyard.

• Members

@AMCer There's a  funny scene where Phillip Jr encounters Kay in her backyard with the grave. His reaction is very WTF. I plan to upload it soon, but I'm working on fixing audio issues (taking the original audio and swapping it with the better German video).

this reading of the pilot by the current cast is fun to watch back to back with the pilot 

• Members

Id love to see the first full week to get an idea of what the show was like initially. I do think it was probably slow in those early months because we know Kay and Lorie didn’t come until later in the year and both really carried the show in those early years. The first episode I’ve seen a few times, but it’s hard to get a true sense of the show since its only half an hour and you get a limited number of characters appearing. 

• Members

Yea your right a full week or 2 of the first month it was on would give you more insight into how the storylines all formed, i would love to see jill first episode and katherine, Laurie and also I'd love to see how Deirdre Hall was i forget she was once apart of this show

• Members

I loved this, especially how that one episode set the WHOLE PREMISE for the series - the two families of the Brooks and Fosters, their names, their backgrounds. We got to see two plots start straight away (Brad’s escape to Genoa City, and Snapper’s relationship with Chris). I also loved seeing Deidre Hall in something pre-DOOL.

This is why Bill Bell was a master at his craft. I hope we discover more episodes from this era.

3 episodes back to back around John Abbott’s wedding to Jessica Blair, including where they tell the family at the wedding lunch about Jessica’s battle with AIDS (or rather HIV as it would be more commonly known today). The thing that impressed me the most about these episodes was the big focus on family - Jessica’s relationship with Cricket, the Abbotts all interacting with each other.

There is a scene where the Abbotts are all together in the mansion, and you get to see first-hand just how well all of them blended as a unit. Jerry Douglas, Terry Lester, Eileen Davidson, Beth Maitland - there was something so good about seeing them all happy together.

And one thing I’m surprised they included, but really glad they did - Jill’s reaction to the new of the marriage. Her monologue to John was spot on. And it really established Jess Walton in the history of John and Jill.

Definitely worth a watch if you haven’t seen it yet.

• Members

I remember when DAYS fired Diedre once or twice in recent years being surprised nobody ever brought her character back. I get that she isn’t connected to anybody currently on the canvas except maybe Jill, but you could easily write a story where she gets a job at the hospital and use flashbacks to explain her previous life in Genoa City. I think that would’ve made more sense than bringing someone like Genie Francis on.