Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Those four are the Abbotts to me. Y&R made a big mistake killing off John Abbott, he was the heart of the family. I still miss Terry Lester. I often wonder how he would've played Jack's 1990s storylines, if he would've gotten a Lead Actor Daytime Emmy after his 4 consecutive 1980s nominations, and if he would have eventually left Y&R before the end of his life.

Much like the original families, the Abbotts were almost all recasts less than a decade into their introduction, yet Bill Bell kept the Abbotts on instead of replacing them with a new family.

• Members

I think the first episode is fabulous and a true testament to how soaps were written then. Even though Bill used Y&R to usher in many changes to how daytime looked and sounded (just compare this to Papa Bauer's death/funeral on GL from just under two months earlier), he was still a practitioner of slow-moving soap opera that was not at all about jumping up and grabbing a viewer out of his/her seat with the very episode. The idea is that if the viewer had patient and endurance, they would be rewarded beyond measure once a story hit its climax. The writer had to know just when to release the drama - not too soon and not too late. We'll never see anything like it ever again.

It's always funny to see the show that would become the polished, elegant Y&R begin literally within the context of the mid-70s trucker obsession. That original premise, though, of a family of four grown-up daughters and the conflicts among them all was excellent. I'd do nearly anything to watch the first 7 years.

• Members

Me and you both, i wonder if we will ever get 70's material I would love to binge watch them like there new lol, I've seen a lot of Stuart but I've hardly seen Jennifer's material i wonder if she was like Liz or katherine. Also the show did good with adding in the prentiss family with the wicked vanessa, she didn't play around either and she played her part well in convincing you that she's not as evil as she really was

Oh really i never knew days fired her a couple times I always thought she was those long characters that just always remains with the show i mean her character has practically done it all lol

I wonder how long she stayed on y&r in those early years and if her character was interesting during her stay. I think jill would be the only one who would know her but then again did her and jill even interact in those days cause I've never heard of jill and even Brad crossing paths 

• Members

Here's some More 1991 and 1993 I was just sent!

Please register in order to view this content

These are sort of special because these weren't listed on the usual trading site I get the episodes from,  mostly because the dates aren't always right...but since I'm in contact with the person who has the same collection of episodes, I asked and he sent me the "missing" dates I needed! I'm suppose to be getting more dates in the mail as well!  

• Members

So glad this is back Up!

Please register in order to view this content

it was also on the old channel were these videos came from.

I remember the person had these scenes dates as October 5, 1984!  

Well...The Last day of it..but yes! LOL  

MAN!!! We are on a role!! May 4, 1989 is now on archive!!  

https://archive.org/details/youngandtherestless19890504