Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have been lost in this whole 1989 playlist for the last day and a bit, and I am riveted by a lot of the storylines unfolding here. I’m currently up to July 1989 where Christine has just been raped. It’s compelling stuff, and I only wish the soaps today could be as good as 1989 Y&R was (the soap was just firing on all cylinders here).

• Members

Y&R has done some awkward montages in the past, but this one struck me as bizarre. @7:36 Malcolm starts taking pictures of a pair of models as Blade watches on with some knock off of Chris Isaak’s Wicked Game playing in the background. It’s a scene that feels like it should have been on AW at the time or something like Baywatch. Maybe it would have worked better if there was a subplot like Dru, Sharon or Victoria being one of the models, it comes off as so random and awkward: 

• Members

Try the one on here! I did delete the first 12/24/91 I had because I wanted to do some re-editing, same for 5/5/92 (I think that’s what you meant since I don’t have 5:

/6/92) so it should work on the 92 playlist.

• Members

Question for the more knowledgeable folks here...

Did Ashley ever find out that Leanna was originally one of Steven Lassiter’s patients (and in fact the reason Leanna came to town in the first place)?

• Members

I don't believe so.

I think that this was like 'Victor and the bomb shelter' where Bill Bell wanted to go in a different direction with the character so past criminal misdeeds were swept under the rug.

Of course this would become commonplace later on, where just about every character should have faced jail time at some point.