Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I get the feeling Bill Bell had no intention of Ashley ever having another breakdown after her 87 one. Didn't he get a lot of flak for that one because she had the abortion and then had a breakdown and many saw it as a punishment for the abortion (whether intended or not)

Her next breakdown came in 2003/04???? long after Bell had left, and after Jack Smith had come on as co-headwriter. One of the many stories from the period I didn't like. 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Getting more caught up in the history again with the classics airing and have a few questions.

Were there plans to make Raul a longterm character at all? I see they introduced a brother in Diego but he was not there long and then Brittany got involved with Bobby. I wonder how it would have been if JT and Raul were kept long term to at least maintain the YOUNG in the show. I was bored by Lily/Cane and JT with Victoria and boring Colleen by the time I got hooked in 2008. It sucks that both sets of the next generation with Mac/Billy and then Lily/Colleen got destroyed with recasts or bad casting or saddling Lily with an old man and playing her like a 40 year old. 

And was Damon Porter popular at all? I guess he was supposed to be the new Shemar Moore? I cant find ANY Y&R from the mid 2000s to watch but I am curious to see how Damon and Phyllis played...was there chemistry? 

Lastly are there any hidden 2000s playlists I can see?

• Members

There was zero because Keith Hamilton Cobb played every scene like he couldn't stand the woman he was talking to. He treated Phyllis and Dru like nuisances. And then they gave him an utterly tragic and depressing backstory. Which he couldn't pull off because he's not the best actor. I swear all of his charisma lied in those dreads he cut off.

I'm not sure there were any real plans for either character other than to give Billy and Mac a friend group to interact with but the actors and characters took off so the show decided to give them layers and stories beyond best friend and teenage heavy. It's a real shame what they did to JT (and Mac and Billy), his love story with Colleen was one of my favorites.

• Members

This is so unfortunate. Did he not like being on the show? 

Did they ever do anything with AL's Colleen and JT? Did they have chemistry? I was half watching in 2006 and 2007 (mainly just interested in Davetta's Lily and Drucilla at the time as I was young) but once I got into the show in 2008 I was sad that AL and DS were gone as Colleen and Lily and replaced with zero energy actresses. 

I also read that in 2002 the show wanted to hone in on the AA audience. Did the failure to build up Damon, keep Shemar Moore on as Malcolm and all the Victoria Rowell gossip just lead them to drop it? I know by 2008 you only had Lily, Devon, Roxanne, Neil, Karen and Tyra on every Wednesday with zero depth. They wasted Tonya Lee Williams her last several years, let VR go, wasted the Harmony character, etc. 

• Members

I don't recall if AL and TL had strong chemistry, they had Colleen pretty heavily involved with her professor at that time. But I'm sure they would've made it work, she and DS were great recasts.

I think the show kept trying for a decade with diminishing results to build up the AA canvas until they just decided that Neil, Devon and Hillary was enough (Lily too I suppose, I don't like to talk about her) and now they don't seem to care at all. At least Bryton can still pay his mortgage.

• Members

I wasn't sure if it was part of the St. Croix story? I'm so bad with my geography I wouldn't be sure if this was a different trip Nikki And Rick took.  LOL 

This is definitely one of the more erotic scenes I think I've seen on the show. Rick seductively caressing that dollar on the dancer's body, while Nikki just watches with glee! the dancer reminds be a lot of Brenda Dickson too! 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Am I the only one who had to make sure they weren’t seeing Brenda Dickson doing belly dancing??

Sharon Case at her best

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by OzFrog