Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I've created a guide for the episodes, with air dates, tape dates, list of preemptions... since the beginning :

http://www.feuxdelamour.com/guide.pdf

As the best historians of Y&R are involved in this board's topic, any info to complete or correct the document will be highly welcomed

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"You think Nikki is my daughter?"
"You knew her family?"
"Not personally"

"Just a theory I had..."
"You mean during my drinking period I might have produced a child and not know about it? Oh Allison, I never drank that much."
"There were so many men in your past... You must have forgotten a lot of them"
"Not a single one, Allison dear" 

Interesting! That was Katherine dealing with Kevin (Bancroft?)'s parents, who used to go to college with her. I suppose the writers toyed with the idea of revealing that Nikki was Katherine's daughter? Otherwise I don't know why they would suggest it so heavily.

Also interesting that Katherine giving birth to a child during her 'drinking period' was considered an option even in those early years. We all know how that went lol

The episode is also about Snapper saying goodbye to his son, Chuck. OMG that was executed so perfectly I was very much into the Snapper/Chuck relationship by the end of the episode - even though Chuck was written as your typical soap 'adult child'. If David Hasselhoff is not busy, I wish they would bring him back and reunite him with Chuck (or maybe that happened when Snapper was recast). Anyway, that's a testament to the quality of the writing of the show.

Edited by Aback

• Members

I'm so offended Victoria Rowell and Tonya Lee Williams had to share an onscreen credit.

I don't remember Danny being back long enough to get with Chris and move in with her. He wasn't around very long (and he was new to me at this time and I didn't like him at all).

• Members

This is super awesome, thank you!!! I can definitely contribute maybe this weekend. It's hard to know where to upload my stuff like there, YouTube, Facebook, archive.org... this is great to have as another backup that's just for us.

Thanks so much for uploading the first 2004 episode (as I can now confirm it is preempted here... SIGH). I hate to ask but have you managed to get either the 1996 or 1990 episodes? March 1, 1990 is on Global's website and the 1996 episode doesn't seem to be on either CBS or Global's websites? Super frustrating.

• Members

Great about 1990! I actually still have the 1996 one of my cable's DVR but I can only watch it on TV. Luckily, it wasn't preempted. I know I can make a DVD of it but then the quality will be eh. I am trying to research and figure out how to convert it to a file on my computer. 

• Members

Thanks @feuxdelamour! I looked up at your list of repeated episodes on CBS and that list looks very accurate minus a week in 2010 when Y&R reaired eps from 2005, 2008, and 2009 again but I can provide those dates for you if you’d like. I know Episode #8279 aired 12/09/2005( or 09/12/2005 depending on your dating system) has aired an additional 4 or 5 times! 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Very cool comparison, thank you!! I wonder why they had to change the cue? I think the 1990 one is more effective. Especially comparing the kiss at 1:25 to the kiss at 3:15... the music at 1:25 is much more haunting and disturbing... underscoring the fact that Adrian is violating Cassandra with this kiss and she is powerless to stop it...

• Members

One could be because of audio fidelity (old tape cues will need to be digitized, or if the sound sounds too low quality it won't be good enough for broadcast, etc.) but also most likely because so many things needed to get chopped from the episode, you would hear the existing cues get chopped as well. Additionally, the commercial breaks are at different points in the episode than originally aired so keeping the cues would mean you would hear the cue from the previous scene bleed in as it fades from black.

I noticed this with the 2004 episode as well.

• Members

Alison Bancroft has got to be up there as one of Y&R nastiest antagonists(especially after her later crimes), her back and forth between Katherine about her marriages and sexual relations is epic! Especially when Katherine implies Alison might have only had sex once in her life LMAO! Didn’t she and Earl end up separating? 

• Members

Yeah that's a big change to me. The first one intrigues because it contradicts what is happening. The scene plays out like two star crossed lovers, but the haunting music makes you realise something isn't right, and the cue during the kiss, really punctuates that. The second scene makes you think they really are two people who want to be together but can't. The tension is gone.

• Members

Hey incase yall haven't heard yet along with the classic episodes that are being aired because of this corona virus, i heard the week of may 4 they will be airing an episode from October 31 1981. Apparently it's the first time nikki goes to the ranch with victor so that should be interesting stuff and because it's 1981 lol

Another thing is I wonder who else will be in that episode as well, we might see some Brooks or prentiss gang in this episode or some early Danny romalotti and Andy with the Williams clan or maybe im hoping we see some Vanessa or maybe she was gone by then if anyone know?

Just in case you all didnt see this report

Please register in order to view this content