Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

The odd part is I believe Jacqueline Babbin had enhanced AMC's production values, which shows you where they must have been in the '70s I guess.

I didn't even know Tyrone was still on in 1986. I guess he wasn't for long. 

It's a little sad to see Paul's wide friendship group slowly dismantled over the course of 2 years, especially since he never really has a close friend from this point on (instead they mostly just overdo the Mary relationship and Lynne pining for him). 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Of the NYC-produced soaps, it was said ANOTHER WORLD had the biggest soundstage (and actually second biggest soundstage in daytime after DAYS). I guess that makes sense, AW’s sets and directing (in the 70’s at least) has always stood out from the other P&G soaps or other soaps shot in NYC.

Of course ATWT later moved to that studio when AW was cancelled, but by that point the soaps no longer had the same kind of budget they used to have.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Yeah they had a minor and I do mean minor, triangle with Nathan/Amy/Tyrone. But the three of them were rarely on together, then Tyrone got a job elsewhere and Amy wasn't willing to move, so that was that. Pretty sure he was gone by Mar/Apr 86 or something like that.

• Members

I remember DeeDeee talking about how Bell liked writing for Colleen Casey. If so that's the only real reason I can guess why she was on as long as she was and why poor beautiful Andy was stuck with her. She's certainly not a bad actress by any means, but she's very glossy and generic in a way that is badly out of step with the show at that point. She seems like she should be shilling orange juice in between all her Sweeney Sisters musical numbers. 

• Members

I honestly think we need to start seeing episodes that haven't been shown yet or haven't been shown since first aired, but then again i get for new viewers they might not be able to relate to it but something has got to be shown in order for people to see the changes that this great show has had. I would love if they aired late 70's to early 80's clips

Speaking of Paul he has such a rare history with show that i dont think people acknowledged, you have to wonder why Paul was kept on the show for that long and even though he is rarely seen he still has a part in the show occasionally, I would love to see a clip if when he first met cricket im sure it was sometime in the mid 80'

They definitely weren't as popular as dru/neil/olivia/Malcolm triangle and they got a lot of airtime those days as well, i wonder what happened to Amy and how she left im surprised they never thought to bring her back or mention her i guess she was only a quick 80's character just have some type of black female on the show

• Members

Seeing Casey today would be sort of interesting because she has long history with the show just as much as nikki does, viewers probably forgot that because nikki became the real focus along the way but Casey could at least visit her sister like she always use to back then

• Members

Seeing Nathan/Dru/Olivia/Neil in the 1991 episode got me wondering if Malcolm and Olivia were popular down the line? And does anyone think Dru and Neil were kept interesting post marriage? It seems like the quad lost momentum (I haven't seen these years, going by summaries) after the Keesha story and Malcolm and Olivia don't seem to have been kept together at all with any actual story. 

• Members

I don't really remember Malcolm and Olivia getting much of a response - to me it felt like not knowing what to do with the characters (especially Olivia) and one of the signs of how lazy and incestuous the writing was becoming for the show's black characters. I was never that fond of the Dru and Neil marriage as I felt like he just nagged her all the time and didn't want her to be herself. I can't speak of their second marriage as I had quit watching by then.