Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jeez, that's weird that it got removed so fast, unless it was the uploader who made it private?

I think I saw that one on archive.org but now I can't see the date anymore (it's always a good idea to type the date here before pasting in the youtube/dailymotion link because if the date is only in the title and it gets deleted, we won't know what it was), was it this? https://archive.org/details/theyoungtherestlessjune111985   

• Members

A whole heap of these clips only recently got uploaded in the last few days.

This one contains Jess Walton’s first ever appearance as Jill Abbott (complete with “the role of Jill Abbott is now played by Jess Walton”).

• Members

I've been strangely addicted to those videos! Even though I know what happens, the way they're paced, the beats of the story, the music and the acting have me on the edge of my seat! I'm hoping the clips don't get taken down... Please, let TPTB have mercy of us in these trying times!

You can tell immediately there's a difference in JW's portrayal of Jill, even though she was following in BD's footsteps at the time. I cannot put my finger on it though! It drives me crazy. What was about BD's performance that made her so unique? 

I think BD's Jill came across as she really couldn't give a f*ck. Except for those rare instances when she did, that BD never ever missed. JW's Jill comes across as if she's trying too hard.

• Members

I remember when Deborah returned.

I had always loved her take on Jill and here she was in the middle of the divorce interpreting the script as the Jill she knew, so we went from BD's Norma Desmond to DA's more grounded performance. 

My recollection is of her in Jill's hotel suite set wearing pants and a blouse, way more subdued than Brenda's costumes.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Years ago there was a 1968 episode of Lee Bell's Chicago talk show online. She mentioned her two sons, 6 year old Billy and 4 year old Bradley, and that she was expecting a baby near Christmas. The baby as we all know was Lauralee. So in that picture Bill Jr. would be about 15 or 16, Bradley would be about 13 or 14, and Lauralee would be about 8 or 9.

• Members

Jess actually got announced several times in her first week. Her first appearance was in the white suit at the Jabot office, they announce her again when she turns up to Kay's for Phillip's birthday and again in this clip above. She also had temped for Brenda the Friday before her first week. 

I have it somewhere "I hope he needs the money, who else on God's green earth would take this assignment" I guess this was, at the very least, one of Brenda's last lines on the show since it got repeated the next day. I'll see if I can find it and post it.

I remember this, it was online many years ago. She has shoulder length hair. John visits her in her hotel suite, I think due to Jill's testimony in Jack's case or something like that. John comes over to thank her. 

Edited by will81