Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

It was uploaded by some random person ages ago, and luckily it was saved!

I'm always kind of annoyed that this episode aired EXACTLY a week after the  one episode I'm longing to see which is the Sheila/Lauren Lab fight...the full episode of it that is!

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lol ok we have something in common, i would love to see the Lorie and Vanessa interactions and they did a few years of good scenes together in those years, i also want to sée how the first nikki was when she arrived and her and paul meeting and Katherine and Suzanne scenes including jill lol there is just so much

• Members

YES! All of that yes!! Not so much Lorie and Vanessa for me, but the rest absolutely! I’d like to see Erica Hope’s chemistry with the other actors and see if she was nearly as good as MTS. As for Katherine, Suzanne, and Jill, you’re right..there is sooo much to be seen just in ‘79 ALONE where those 3 are concerned...whether they were fighting over Derek or plotting each other’s destruction. I also want to see Lauren’s early scenes from ‘83. There’s a treasure trove of scenes and and I’ll believe until we see some stuff resurface that there are people out there that taped the show from that year and from ‘83 and either totally forgot about the tapes they had/have, or just simply refuse to share for some God forsaken reason.

Do you mean an episode with scenes of all 3 of them in the same place at the same time? Because if so, then not to my knowledge. 

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

Yeah. All I've seen is scenes of Kay and Jill discussing their past with Phillip but never the actual scenes where Jill seduced Phillip, or Jill was Kay's maid and met Phillip, Kay running Phillip over the cliff etc... 

• Members

Along those same lines, have we ever seen Katherine finding out about Jill and Phillip, and early confrontations about it?

I love angry, bitter Katherine.  The cut up photo of Jill and Jack storyline/Phillip returning as a teen were so much fun because we got to see the softer side of Jill again, and the hard side of Katherine again, and then all the facets in between of both.

Katherine was a bitch.  The thing viewers and the show forgot was Jill was often scrappy with everyone, often adversarial.  But Katherine was absolutely Jill’s villain, even when she was not that way to most everybody else.  She was also pretty awful to Nina.

This show is really missing a character like Katherine.

• Members

Yess!! I agree on all counts. And it's high time those episodes resurfaced somehow.

Here's the first actor playing David Kimble. In hindsight, I notice there was a trend with Bill Bell and his writing style where he would introduce a character he had plans for, first played by a very bland, forgettable actor and then recast the part when the time came to focus on that character.

• Members

Yes you got it all that 1979 stuff made a great year in history for this show, i would love to see the episode where all the Brooks sisters confronted jill about Stuart and even some of jill/Stuart/Liz storyline they always show clips of jill and john but no jill Stuart stuff. And also i would love to see the new world storyline involving nikki Paul Peggy and if i believe Paul's brother and Carl got involved

• Members

Thanks for posting this episode. 

Please register in order to view this content

I enjoyed it. I felt bad for Nathan. Not only does he have to deal with Amy accusing him of setting her up to be hounded/almost raped by that group of men, but he also has to reveal to her he can't read in a very tense and embarrassing moment for him. Nathan Purdee did good work in these scenes. Also, I enjoyed seeing the Traci/John and Traci/Danny scenes. It was sweet seeing both men try to reassure her she would be fine, after deciding to end up her marriage to Danny. 

It was also nice seeing Lauren Koslow from her time on the show. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Great find, thanks for sharing @FrenchFan!! I’ve read some much of the Nathan & Amy story so it was really nice to watch this.

And LOL to Katherine & Esther setting up the slideshow presentation. I assume this was the prelude to the infamous scenes of Jill inducing herself to vomit to get out her and John out of dinner and “winter vacation” slides with Katherine laughing wickedly on.

Was he playing David around the time Jill was shot? If so I think have seen Pillsbury

before, thanks for sharing! It’s funny Bell established David as a complete sleazeball by 1987, but I wonder if anyone ever anticipated his darker turn he’d take 1989-91. Took bad it was the 80s otherwise David would been Jill’s gay best friend.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

You're so right! I'd love to see the episode(s) from 1979 where Kay reveals herself to Jill and Derek in her bedroom after their wedding and the scenes where she and Jill have the confrontation right afterwards. And I'd also love to see the episodes where Jill falls down the Brooks' staircase, and when she gives Stu the tracheotomy. Also, the episodes where Nikki kills her father, where Kay stabs Suzanne, where Suzanne lets the tarantula loose on Kay, and all the times where Kay haunts Suzanne. And the new world storyline would be kinda cool to see! I wanna see the episodes where Liz gets shot while visiting Greg at his apartment and then Greg blames Nikki. I don't think her getting shot had anything to do with the cult, but it was during that storyline.