Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I forgot about Rock On LOL....that explains a lot.

I totally forgot to ask.....What did you think of the Nathan/Amy scenes....I still can't believe they got Stephanie Williams back after she had left 2 years prior.....I always assumed she was gone for good.....it was a pleasant surprise to see her and the fact that she only missed interacting with Drucilla and Oliva by a smidge.....

• Members

YRfan23, will you be posting May 1990 episodes soon? That was a great month, with the arrivals of Victoria Rowell, Tonya Lee Williams, and Kimberlin Brown. I can't remember which of the three arrived first, although I know Dru was introduced before Olivia.

• Members

Unfortunately no sad.png.......I do not have any May 1990 in my collection right now.....the closest I have (which wasn't on my last channel) is an episode from June 1, 1990 but none of the 3 are in that one despite the fact that 2 of the 3 were already on by that point, (Dru and Sheila, then Olivia showed up a couple weeks later I think.) I wanna say Dru arrived before Sheila but I can't be certain. both VR and TLW were put on contract right away and surprisingly Kimberlin wasn't put on contract till bout the end of the year.....I have episodes from November 1990 that still list Sheila as recurring but Bill Bell originally intended her to be short term....

Anyways there's always a chance I will get more stuff later so If I happen to get some episodes from that month I will surely upload them! smile.png.....I think there use to be a couple of episodes from May 1990 on youtube that were taken down. One I think is still up, but just the first 10 minutes or so....one of them had the first ever scene between Lauren and Sheila when she miscarried her first baby.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

It was off-camera. With Bill Bell I've come to learn that you sometimes have to use your imagination, but I guess that's why the characters do such a good job describing stuff that happen that we didn't get to see.....I would have loved to seen more of her, particularly scenes with Paul and Lynne. She would have been a breath of much needed air if they had her helped them with the Cassandra stuff.

My last April 1990 Re-Upload, then I will upload that "new" episode from June that wasn't on my channel.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Thanks! I saved those two episodes so I'll make a small exception and post them since it's only two of them. (I don't know whose they were so I hope it's not a problem). It'll be a small layover before your June episode. smile.png

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Now that I'm nearly through with the 3/2/90 episode, I can't help wondering if Bell originally planned for Amy to pose as a maid with Nathan as another member of staff, but something fell through. It makes no real sense that Adrian would have never seen Selena as a cop, and "oh he didn't get close to the investigation" doesn't make a ton of sense either.

i had to pause at the scene where Cassandra told Selena she wouldn't have to cook, and Selena said yes, she did, to keep up the ruse. The whole thing screamed of Bill Bell realizing the questionable decision to have the two only black characters on the show working as servants.

That whole scene with the limo driver bringing Katherine back and then Katherine being in complete shock and dissolving at the end - that hurt to watch. Jeanne knew how to wring out those emotions. It's one of her most powerful performances.

Was this Brittany's exit? I wonder why they didn't let her in on the plan.

Chase circling "foe" in the crossword puzzle after Danny's return was clever writing. I guess that story didn't last too long though.

I didn't know Nina was hung up on Chase at this time. It's a shame the show didn't revisit this and instead wrote Chase out.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

That would be great! :)

btm85bubs who now goes by 0814btm uploaded all this episodes back when SONY wasn't as much as a butthole about old Y&R/B&B episodes being uploaded.

Do you know if you have the other episodes saved that might have came from him? there was also an October 1990 episode as well as one from 91 and a couple from 93.

• Members

Maybe the GH offer came through for Stephanie before they could have done anything major for Amy......I would have liked to have seen her help out with Nathan and logically having not been in town for almost 2 years Adrian wouldn't know who she was.....

I liked how they gave Selena the name Sally....You can really tell with scenes like these how much Bill liked reusing other characters names.... I guess you could either go with B&B Sally or 70's Y&R Sally.

Brittany lasted at least till that spring, as if you recall she was on those April 1990 episodes I posted.......it's too bad that they didn't keep her longer because I like the spunk that she sort of has.......she reminds me of Kimberlin a little so maybe Bill didn't want to have 2 similar actresses on the same show.

Katherine really just kills you with those scenes......The fact that she really would have been free if the driver wasn't the same guy who helped with the kidnapping and that they do that long dialogue with her breaking down/rejoicing over her freedom only to have it snatched away from her, made you really feel for her!...brilliant directing,dialogue,writing everything!...... and you also really did want to strangle Marge along with Katherine too.....That was the best part that brief catfight......any old Y&R episodes that have the women call each other a bitch, or get into a scuffle, make my day! haha and you got a double deal with Brittany calling Cassandra a bitch, and Katherine attacking Marge.

I thought that Chase scene was funny too, but the I really enjoyed the David/Nina pizza scenes, quite a different setting for that time.....I have to say Nina looked kind of hot in those LA flashbacks with Chase.

• Members

Tricia was very pretty and attractive in an offbeat way before they started dressing her like a frump.

I'm not a fan of catfights on soaps most of the time but when they're built up to they show the desolation in a character. Katherine was desolate here. Her resorting to violence showed how angry and hurt she was. Wonderful writing choice.

When Brittany was throwing her hair around during that confrontation with Cassandra, she reminded me a lot of Jess in the 90s.