Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I must say-- I caught up with your wonderful videos watching one each night before I went to bed for the last week... I could get dangerously used to this! :D

I am so sorry they deleted SoapOperaSpectacular's account! I have no words. Why do they even care?!

• Members

I honestly don't know why CBS/Sony/The Bells don't look at the view counts on classic clips and realise there might be a profit to be gained from somehow releasing old episodes.

They could at the very least try streaming the show from the start to see what interest there is. Certainly the EW article with the first episode attached got some good attention.

• Members

I really thought that when Jeanne died they would do some kind of DVD box set with her best episodes. That would have sold like hotcakes. I have the B&B "How It All Began" US DVD (the first 16 episodes) and it is very no-frills. No commentary or anything, just the episodes in a very cheap cover. This is what it says on Amazon: "DVD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com."

Really good business move. It must be extremely cheap to produce, so the profit is big. I really wish Y&R would pursue something like this...

I am guessing that CBS is so hardcore about Y&R and B&B because of the international rights. Many countries are years behind, but still, youtube is hardly a substitute for that since the episodes on there have been so sporadic.

I am really bummed about SoapOperaSpectacular. I wish I had his/her e-mail address. Did anyone save all their Y&R videos? I think I missed a few. sad.png It REALLY sucks because they were uploading in short pieces with titles, so I thought CBS would leave them alone and not know they were full episodes. I was going to experiment with doing something like that, because I would much rather share my videos with the public. sad.png

For now I'll follow YRfan and upload the full videos as unlisted. This is Christmas 1987, which I had on my old channel until it was deleted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QICTMmMapno&feature=youtu.be

• Members

I'm also upset because SOS uploaded full episodes, instead of clips.

There are a few other channels out there that upload full episodes, so people might want to save those while they can. I don't want to say names. If someone doesn't know, I'll take a PM.

Thanks for sharing your old stuff again.

• Members

Welcome back Bold Restless! haha smile.png

I was finally able to watch that episode this time! One of the best classic Christmas episodes I've seen! I love how they really beefed up their production by including a Homeless Shelter and actually showing them at Mass with the children's Choir, it was beautiful!

Those scenes with Victor Nikki and Victoria were filled with such tenderness, and quiet pain, I love the actress who played the child Victoria, I notice she seems to really bring out the best of Eric Braeden and MTS. I find it hard to believe that even Victor would let whatever tension is going on in his life prevent him from enjoying and wanting to spend time with his family for Christmas.....I know we are all tired of saying this but it gets more pathetic how more and more he is written as a "scrooge" now......(no pun intended for when they did that horrible Victor Scrooge episode that one Christmas Eve) I loved seeing them at Church.

It's hard to tell if the melancholy background music (for example the ones they play during the Newman Family scene) that they play throughout the episode is suppose to be darker sounding christmas tunes.....I noticed that 80's Y&R tried to sound more "modern" compared to how "old school" the early 90's did, I wonder if it's because Wesley Kenney wanted the music to sound like that and when he left Bill told Ed to combined the modern with the classic etc.....

Loved seeing the Abbotts together....Eileen's hair looked nice and a lot like how Brenda usually styled it......I thought she and Steve were already engaged here....I liked how he proposed and she looked so unsure.....

The Katherine/Jill/Nina scenes were hilarious though I have seen them already......Jess is still playing Brenda but I feel like this is when the writing started to shift the Jill/Kay relationship into more of a "frenemy" relationship, though they still hated each other. I always think Brenda's Jill and Katherine were always written as pure hatred, compared to how Jess and Jeanne played it. I wonder if fans were still missing Brenda at this point......Nina is very bitchy here and I find it hard to believe that Cricket put aside what she did to try to take Phillip from her....

Rex being reunited with Gina after it probably taking months for Gina to put the pieces together is the type of story the writers always screw up so badly now.....

That scene with Nathan and Amy in the homeless shelter, with the little boy is really sweet! Though Nathan playing Santa was a little too obvious for my take..... who was that other black guy with Amy? he looks like he was probably on the show for a while at that point.......I sometimes have to wonder if any of those kids are actually actor/actresses that are now really famous now......It's strange that they are all in their early 30's now I bet.....haha

As for SOS, I made a playlist with all his Y&R videos, but obviously you still can't see them sad.png.......The writing was on the wall when he started uploading those full episodes mostly from 1998. When I saw that they were getting deleted I knew it wasn't gonna be long......It's a shame because this was his second channel and he was able to keep it up for almost 6 years compared to when he was Tombinorway.....I hope despite everything he comes back, but after all that work I wouldn't blame him. I will make a special point of saving his clips if he does come back (which I will for anyone else who uploads)....I still regret that I didn't get to see most of his videos when he was Tombinorway...........

Thanks again Bold Restless! :)

Edited by YRfan23