Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I think there might be a couple October 1989 episodes, that you haven't seen yet.

I admit I do miss reading comments that were left on my old videos from passnum1. I actually have tried to google my own videos just to see if there might be any sites that have the link to my videos with the comments, but no luck! :(

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Your Welcome!biggrin.png

Uploading another one now. Should get to 1990 by this week! I know lots of you are looking forward to seeing the Sheila material again! haha I also will get to upload some "new" material that has never been uploaded yet.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Watching these two new episodes (well, new to me).

They really did take a great deal of planning to set up David going to woo Nina and losing all interest in Jill. She treats him like [!@#$%^&*]. it seems like they once had a fun or gossipy relationship but she changed and never let him change with her. He was on with Brenda, right? I can't remember. I wonder how different they were.

I love when Rex tries to get Jill to wake the hell up about her John delusions and Jill blasts him. He just grins and grins.

Esther going to work for Nina always screams of plot point to me, to the point where I keep forgetting it wasn't all some trick from Nina. Esther venting about having to wear that uniform until she can't bend over anymore made me laugh, as that has turned out to be true. So she met Tiny at Nina's place? She mentioned a plumber.

Is it me or is that husky-voiced niece of Cassandra's (Brittany) exactly Victor's type? Maybe not in those years, but later on. I wonder why the show never found any role for her once the story was over. I can't say I am a big fan, but she could have gone somewhere.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I remember you hadn't watched those yet.....glad you finally saw them.

David was with Brenda as there are some clips still out there somewhere I believe.......I don't think it was ever clear if Jill being turned off by David was because of Jess's acting or not.....the following year I know she was completely through with him as I have the episodes to support that (which haven't been released yet)

I liked the Jill and Rex scene too.....Jess will always be one of the best actresses ever on Y&R, but I have to admit as much as I want to enjoy Jill these days, I cannot get through a scene without cringing......too much damage has been done to Jill for me to even believe that Jess could act the way she use to as Jill nearly 25 years ago......it already doesn't help that her hair and wardrobe has been a hot mess for the past 10 years already.

Brittany always strikes me as offbeat casting.....I wonder if Bill could have made her Sheila......or at least write her in a similar matter.

what did you think of the Carl and Mary scenes? I knew Carolyn Conwell was a great actress as meddling Mary, but I haven't seen alot of emotional performances like the one she does here.....I miss her and Jeanne Terribly sad.png

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

I thought the Mary and Carl scenes were terrific. I can understand why some people were in disbelief that Carl and Paul didn't tell Mary, but it clearly led to some great drama. Mary's hurt and anger, and Lynne's pain - terrific, human drama. I feel sorry for Carl too, having to put on such a cold front, even telling Lynne he might take over Paul's office himself (as an excuse to keep it open).

David is so slimy - I guess Nina's self-esteem issues blinded her.

I can't figure out what's going on with Leanne and Douglas. Is she manipulating him? Is she really attracted to him?

Poor Lauren just never fits in with Mary, even when trying to console her.

• Members

Cool! I remember this, it was the infamous GALA. (I think it was in 2004) Back then, Brittany Hodges was still on the show so they probably did not want to confuse viewers. Or maybe they just didn't care.

Judging from YRfan's vids, I like Brittany! I think she fits just right in Y&R's glamourus type of woman.

Yeah me either! What's the deal with them? Douglas looks like a delusional scumbag around her LOL And she was giving him the worst looks possible in the dinner episode with Nikki. Leanna cracks me up!