• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Billboard Feb 87

Young And Restless Dealer.

Beth Maitland, Emmy Award winning star of the CBS -TV soap opera "The Young And The Restless," entered the home video market with the opening of Private Eye Video in the Los Angeles suburb of Valencia. The actress and her business partner, recording engineer Christopher Benninger, hope the single -store enterprise will develop into a chain.

She was married to him right? Is her daughter from that marriage? Wonder how that business went...

• Members

Come to think of it.. Y&R was great during the first 25 years.. 73-98. pure magic. fascinating storytelling and characters writing. but the next 25 years.. or at least the last 20 years.. big flop. crap. 

maybe TPTB should just focus on classic episodes from 70-90's.. and broadcast them all over again. instead of the crap we see today

• Members

For the Y&R 50th, they had a big party for current, former, and very early cast and crew.
I started a photo thread at this link ...
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/62381-yr-50th-party-for-cast-crew-alumni/

Please add anything you want to that thread, if you find any oldtime cast/crew who has posted stuff from the party on their social media. Or post it here or wherever you want.

I think the spontaneous candid photos are more fun than the redcarpet poses.  Cool to see old friends hugging.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I remember Eva on a talk show making fun of the director for the scene when she tried to down Cricket, how he kept telling her to make sure the knife catches the light, or something. As if it was so stupid that a soap would try to stage something artistically.

I never ever understand how people try to validate soaps with the fact that so many famous actors got their starts there. I honestly don't think most of them are any more talented than the actors who have been on soaps for decades. I mean I don't think anyone would rate Tom Selleck, David Hassellhoff, Eva Longoria, or Shemar Moore as the greatest actors to have ever been on Y&R. They were in the right place at the right time, got on the right series, good for them, but they aren't all that impressive. I don't think Demi Moore or John Stamos hold a candle to most of the GH cast either. 

Edited by BoldRestless