Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Bayou of course  Yes I know there was no pole at The Bayou. That set looked more like a honky tonk dive bar than a strip club. In 2020 a strip club would have a pole, dollar bills on the stage, VIP section with bottle service. The Bayou was clearly no Magic City, heck it wasn't even The Brass Rail (anyone that's a fan of basketball and/or hip hop has heard of the real places I referenced).

• Members

Sweet story - Erica and Melody crossed paths at a charity event a while back.

Erica introduced herself to Melody and began reminiscing. She wondered how many of the crew might still be around eg Hank -  the stagehand who got her top quality weed in exchange for a quickie BJ in the Television City parking lot.

Erica said it was crazy spooky how Nikki's storylines would mirror what was going on in Erica's life at one time or another...when Nikki was dancing at the Bayou and Melody was pregnant IRL, Erica was 7 months preggers and stripping at a truck stop club outside of Oxnard.

Just like Nikki, Erica got knocked up by one guy but married another dude and pretended he was the dad. She also had one boyfriend who stabbed another in the groin and was banging her sleazy gyno who had a crazy ex wife.

She developed a pill addiction after falling off a donkey on a weekend in Tijuana and had a kid turn up she forgot about from when she was in  a cult.

She wrote her address on a napkin and told Melody she'd love to be invited to any Y&R events.

• Members

Yeah, Melody played Nikki as a ditzy girl that was gullible. Sweet, manipulative, and her own worst enemy.  Even in the 1982 episodes, you still saw that Nikki...but by the late 80s..that had completely gone away.

You never see true character evolutions anymore like that.

• Members

Erica Hope's Nikki looks like another version of Trish Clayton.

Interesting that DD didn't pick any Lauren scenes.

Nina Arvensen. Such a beautiful lady.

Am I crazy to think that Bill Bell planned to kill off Kay and have Jill arrested, but decided to give this story to a different group of characters. Same with Victor Newman's death that was given to George Rawlings?

• Members

I can't stand Hauser. I hated him the day he appeared, and my opinion hasn't changed. They were never really able to recast Greg properly. Brian Kerwin only lasted 6 months, and Howard McGillin didn't last much longer. Wings Hauser just has the face of a ferrett and such a ham-fisted scenery chewing acting style that made me cringe every time he was on. 

• Members

Hauser was atrocious; by far the worst of the men recast as Greg Foster. Kerwin was nice looking but totally bland, so I never cared for him one way or the other. McGillin was cute (in a boy-next-door kind of way), sweet, and a good actor. I was starting to think that he would work out...and then the show dropped him.

• Members

Oh man, watching those old 1982-3 episodes during the middle of the year, I was fascinated by how different Nikki was back then. And you’re right, as the years evolved and she became more dependant on Victor for her happiness, you could see how that side of her personality just gradually vanished.