The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Rosita.

I liked Noah too. I always have. The character got such OTT hate ("He killed Beth and Tyreese!" "Beth sacrificed her life for him!" - spare me; Noah did not cause either of them to lose most of their common sense). He had so much potential. As it is, he will just be remembered as yet another dead black man on a show full of them.

Revolving door indeed.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Where are these legions of angry Beth fans? I didn't know Noah ever had any hate, and I can't imagine the show cared anymore than I do. If they didn't off wildly polarizing characters like Lori or Andrea until they damn well felt like it they're sure not going to do anything they don't want to do for anyone else. These people are out of sight, out of mind. The dude left because he has a very up and coming career in film and television and because he got a CBS pilot on a sure to succeed procedural spinoff, end of story. Nobody cares about the Beth people. I keep forgetting there are Beth people. Somewhere, out there.

• Members

He actually didn't want to go - it was the show's choice. But he seems to have taken it in stride and he said Jennifer Lynch made sure he had a great last episode.

(comics spoilers)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-noah-dies-tyler-781577

There are wide swathes of fans who hated him because of Beth and still believe she is coming back, based on clocks and hidden meanings and what have you (for instance, they think Aaron is a sign of Beth returning, Aaron and Eric are Beth and Daryl, and so forth). It's not everywhere, or heavily prominent, it just annoys me when I see people act like Beth gave a grand sacrifice for Noah and he was so horrible.

• Members

I'm a little shocked he had wanted to hang around given his upwards career trajectory even before TWD (he has a major role in last year's Dear White People), but either way, I think we can all agree it had nothing to do with some fanbase. I would've liked to have him around, but honestly the minute he showed up onscreen I was amazed he had taken the job. He's got a big future ahead of him.

• Members

I didn't intend to suggest he was killed off because of fans. They filmed all this before any fan reaction. And some fans did like him. I just meant their reactions annoy me.

I just hope Tara makes it...

What do you think of the new Alexandria characters?

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Interesting episode. Those two back to back deaths were disturbing, watching the faces as they experience being eaten alive. I don't undertand Father Boring, and his nonsense ramblings. The guy is a useless character who appears now to only have one purpose: being deranged and mopey and paranoid about the people who saved him multiple times. Then hopefully he will die.

This was Abraham's best episode to date and as long as he stays away from his irrelevant pain and personal anguish I can tolerate him. I must say I was shocked about Noah. It seems like he just got here and dead already? Easy come easy go I guess. The one I worry for is Carol because here she is again deciding someone needs to die. Her cold realism and ability to make decision is starting to morph into this dangerous, slight crazy killer ready to threaten or take out anybody. I guess it is good she went to Rick because the next step will be her killing people and Rick having to uncover the murderer. I really hope they aren't writing her into a corner.

• Members

I guess we can assume Morgan shows up in next episode.

R.I.P. Noah. You were the first newbie that I liked right off the bat in a long time. I agree with Vee ( I'll never get used to typing that) Tyler has a long, full career ahead of him but I think he bet on the wrong horse here. I think that Criminal Minds spinoff will implode like the last one did so I wish he'd stuck around.

Father Pee Pants might be crazy but he sure ain't wrong. Everywhere Rick and his band of merry survivors go they eventually end up taking over and it usually ends with lots of screaming and destruction on all sides. First it was Herschel's farm, then the prison, then Woodbury, now Alexandria. I wondered what Maggie was thinking when she heard that. After all, she's seen it play out over and over again. Carol is already deciding who should live or die and now it isn't about the good of the group but her personal agenda.

Of course, the Alexandrians aren't exactly a great group either. They have no concept of loyalty. No code whatsoever. The willingness of these people to abandon each other to walkers speaks to the earlier discussion of how weak they are, not just physically but morally and psychologically. It makes me wonder about the people they exiled.

• Members

The Governor is the one who destroyed Woodbury and the prison. They'd both be around if not for him.

I agree with some of the others, but it's the self-serving nature of the speech that bothers me. Oh I did nothing wrong...I'm good just like you! This is where the writing falls down, because I have no idea if he actually believes that and he is lashing out at them to deny his own guilt and regret, or if he is just running some sort of con. We haven't been able to get in his head enough to know why he's saying what he is saying.

• Members

Does it matter, though? :lol: I don't think he's ever going to be a popular or well liked character (at least I know I don't care to know much about him) so I just chalked it all down to him having lost his damn mind. I think that's all the motivation the writers have been exhibiting.

• Members

It matters to me, because the character seemed to realize some things, then mostly stopped appearing, and now pops back up to squawk about the group's wicked ways. To me it's shoddy writing. I think Seth Gilliam is a good actor and the character could be more than this. I don't really care if he's popular, I just think he can be consistently written and, like Rick, that isn't happening.