The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was just LMAO and cheering reading ChitHappens & Ann_SS' live posting here of Season 4, Ep 8. You ladies were on point! LOL. Where in the land is Ann? It's officially been a year since she last posted. Tragic! sad.png

But that was the best episode yet. Wow. Now I'm watching the next one and can barely deal with Carl; I was hoping Rick would find him bitten somewhere in the prison wreckage. Sorry.

Michonne brings me to life. My faaave ever. Oh and can her & Rick please have sex & fall in love?

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Eh, maybe they will someday or they won't.

To me Rick and Michonne is like Daryl and Carol; I'd love it if they someday went there and made it explicit, sure, but I can also see the argument for keeping it in a vague place and never breaking the seal on either pairing. (With the latter, especially, they're such particular and sometimes aloof characters that making it go there might be cheapening the intimacy.) It's just not what I watch for so much as the people and the larger family and relationships. And I don't think the show is really working towards any of that romance stuff or signposting anything, but I do think they've decided that if it happens they want it to be organic and well-rooted. So they just seem to keep building and building the relationships, whether they're platonic or potentially more, deeper and deeper. And that doesn't just go for potential romances but for the friendships - Rick and Daryl, Maggie and Sasha, Carl and Michonne, Glenn and Rick, and so on. They just keep building the family, and that's what I watch for.

Edited by Vee

• Members

This was a good episode and I like how it gave unsaid yet clear as day insights into the core, older characters. Daryl doesn't need to say why he is uncomfortable, of course he would be. This is not any world he would fit in even if he was guaranteed safety. Carl looking at these kids wanting to play video games and not wanting to become weak was great. The two best for me were Carol and Rick. Carol pretending to be Susie Homemaker is so typically Carol. The enemies ignore her at their own peril because when all is said and done Carol is the most dangerous of all of them. So if the eventual baddies go after Rick and Michonne, it will be Carol who gets the last surprise in.

Rick's shave was great. That scene reminded me of Lucy Coe a little, and just watching him shave was great. This entire episode was almost an anti-soap: you don't need characters narrating every thought to show what's going on upstairs.

• Members

Andrew Lincoln looks amazing. I never knew if we'd see him clean-shaven again.

I was a little amazed to see theater legend Tovah Feldshuh on this show as Deanna. I hope she sticks around a bit, but I suspect she may be the noble leader who falls to make Alexandria a better place despite its other dumb and sheltered citizens, like her son. She's great as always.

It was pretty emotional to see Rick and Michonne honored with those positions. I do think the almost Game of Thrones-esque gamesmanship that may be entering the equation is fascinating - the three most hardened people conspiring in the dark, two of them dressed in normal suburban drag that hides their true selves, talking candidly about how they'll have to handle the place. Carol is playing it brilliantly.

I think Alexandria has good people, but weak ones. I do hope the group can forge a newer, stronger community out of it without it falling apart or being purged through disaster.

As for the new chick, Rick might sleep with her but I am not seeing some major romance. The husband is clearly bad news. And whether or not the show ever pulls the trigger on Rick and Michonne, they clearly have no intention of stepping away from their relationship or its intimacy, which is more than enough for me.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It's easy to forget how lovely Danai Gurira is. That smile after brushing her teeth for 20 minutes just lit up her whole face.

Daryl, whether you want to stay there or not, take a [!@#$%^&*] shower. You have access to hot water and soap and you are surrounded by your family. Take advantage of it.

I really hope that Alexandria becomes a long-term thing. There's a lot of story potential in trying to rebuild a society. Like for instance, how do they deal with natural death? That old couple isn't going to live forever. When one of them kicks, they'll turn the other and then what?

It's a little disappointing to see Rick slowly morphing into exactly the thing he's afraid of. He's basically turning into the governor.

• Members

The arrival of this new woman probably tells us where Rick's story is heading (away from much of the group, most likely), but I much prefer the darker and more ambiguous Rick. I don't know how much we'll be seeing of Rick and Michonne in constable roles, but it's fascinating to think how much the group has changed, and how much the show has changed, when you compare Rick and Michonne as leaders to Rick and Shane as leaders. Michonne even fills a lot of the same role (she wants to protect Rick's kids, she stands up to Rick, she's a bit of a loner) but in a far more productive way, because she isn't consumed by paranoia and envy and rage.

• Members

Sometimes I think if you were an outsider, Rick and Carol would terrify you, and I really felt that in this episode with how they each reacted to life in the safe zone.

I wish we could get an outsider's perspective for a full episode.

• Members

If she stays around then his loyalties will have to be divided.

I keep seeing media articles today calling her "the new Mrs. Rick Grimes." That's them, not the show, but still, it makes me wonder why it's being pushed so heavily in some corners.

Anyway...

http://www.amctv.com/talking-dead/videos/bonus-scene-talking-dead-episode-512

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/walking-dead-tovah-feldshuh-deanna-monroe-alexandria-interview-1201444130/

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/28/meet-deanna-walking-dead-leader-alexandria-aka-tovah-feldshuh-speaks

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-who-is-deanna-778486

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/27/walking-dead-director-greg-nicotero-reveals-deleted-scenes-latest-episode

I wish we'd seen this.

There were a couple of scenes that we had to lose due to time—a really interesting sequence. It was when all of them were going to work for their jobs. We see Rosita going to meet [Jessie’s husband] Pete, and we see Abraham going to meet the crew that is building the wall, and we see Eugene going to meet with a worker to discuss the solar array. And we also see Maggie going to work with Deanna. So it was a great little montage, and we had to lose it strictly for time. But it was this great moment where people were having to deal with the emotion of assimilating back into what is such a normal world in an abnormal universe.

• Members

Agreed. I'm never going to get over this. What happened to her? Really hope she's ok. It's been a year & she was quite active here.

LMAO!

This was the first ep I was actually impressed with the actor playing Tyreese. I cringed at everything else. I'll never figure out what was so special about him & Karen? They f-cked around and got close almost completely off screen. Seriously? Not worthy of all that angst IMO.

Also I love Carol but struggle to believe she actually killed them. I can't believe that actually happened.

May be in the minority but I love the disjointed episodes -- the ones where there's only like 2 characters (and a bazillion walkers). The Daryl/Beth episode from S4 is actually one of my faves, which is odd since I mostly despise both of them. (well, Darryl's hair at least) LOL. But I was so riveted by their interactions and loved the previous scenes of them surviving.

I used to think they were so so cute on the farm but I agree they grew incredibly SELFISH and I can no longer stand them that much. I rolleyes.gif 'd at their reunion. Too bad Tara's a lesbian bc I would've much rather seen them turn to each other in grief, and for Maggie to find them f-cking in that tunnel

Truth

laugh.png I am so shocked by your disdain for Rick, Cheap, he's the face of the show! If they kill him off, It's over~~Who would be the star then? ;PP

LMAO

love reading this thread back, y'all go in.