The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Been catching up -- seen up to Tyreese's death.

Daryl burning the mother/daughter walkers for Carol's sake was wonderfully touching and said a lot about their relationship.

I kinda hate to say it but Rick was f*cking hot as he handled the business with the hospital. Yum.

They did such a good job turning Beth around and making me like her more than ever before killing her off. It wasn't all that surprising that she died but I loved the way they scripted and executed the scene. Seeing Carol and especially Daryl cry broke my heart. Maggie gave wonderful reaction to both finding out Beth was alive and then when she saw her body. Morgan again! Yay.

The directing for Tyreese's death episode was fantastic as hell. Great seeing all the past characters and enjoyed the fact that they tricked us into thinking it was Beth's funeral when it was Tyreese's. Coleman gave a phenomenal performance, especially the "it's not over yet!" part.

Carol is my boo. I don't know if there's anyone I love more on this show than her.

I had to quote this because it was hilarious how I was *just* thinking that I miss Shane and his hotness and the very first thing I see when I click on the thread to catch up is THIS.

Also, look at him. Just look at him. laugh.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Everyone commenting on Rick's face was predictable but pretty funny. The best part of the whole episode was Carol pretending to be some kind of supreme housewife and then telling Daryl to take a shower, who tells her that she looks ridiculous in her suburban goddess outfit. :lol:

I love the idea that it is Rick's group (so far) that is actually the threat. It seems they could easily take over the whole community. I'm loving Alexandria because obviously something's going to go wrong but I have no idea what.

And Enid is mysterious enough to keep me guessing, although I don't know if I'm up for Carl teenage romance angst.

• Members

This was a fantastic episode. So many great moments with Gabriel, Glenn, Noah and Eugene (ugh, I hate saying that).

Eugene finally grew up and become something less than useless. I'm glad he stood up to Aiden's friend.

These Alexandrians need to get better at protecting themselves and learn how to LISTEN. It hasn't dawned on them yet that Rick's group knows what they're doing?

Noah said he had dreams about the future? I should have known he wouldn't survive. His death was really, really graphic and horrid. His "don't let go" was heartbreaking and so much more than just a plead to save his life.

The exploding walker was awesome. And Francine kicked some ass.

Gabriel. His psychotic warning about Rick's group got me SO angry. Ugh. That f-cker!

• Members

What a hugely uneven show this is becoming.

Everything with Rick, Jessie (who for the third straight episode still has no identity outside of Rick) and her creepy husband, who comes right out of bad USA Network TV movies from 20 years ago - it just sucks. Rick's motivation are as vague to me as ever, I find it more than a little insulting that Jessie is truly just an object for Rick to "save" - a breathing version of those damn owl statues). And it feels like Carol's involvement in this story is a cover, in some sense, for Rick's obsessiveness. Rick has to get involved - Pete's abusive!

It's just a waste of Melissa McBride to have Carol stuck doing this for an episode, and I almost dread watching Rick scenes at this point, which is sad, as he was one of my favorite characters.

And Andrew Lincoln continues to have no chemistry that I could see with the woman who plays Jessie, in spite of this being such a huge life-altering connection that makes him feel for the first time since Lori, blah blah blah.

Everything else, other than the rushed, forced scene of Gabriel going on and on and on about evil heathens (which was overwritten and felt endless), worked for me.

I was more involved in Abraham's drama than I ever thought I would be. Are they finally getting a handle on this character? I also liked Francine a lot.

Eugene's believable heroics, the glimpses of Tara's humor and heart before her injury, Glenn trying his best to lead only to be horribly betrayed, and poor poor Noah (I will never get over that) - this worked beautifully. And while it's lazy writing to say that Alexandria can't survive without the group, it also makes an odd sort of sense, given how pampered they've been.

Glenn watching Noah die - one of the best acting moments in 5 seasons of this show. Bravo, Steven Yeun!

I also have to praise Tovah Feldshuh for doing so much with a look or a line reading. I don't really like Deanna very much - I think she's deluded and sheltered and a poor leader - but I can understand her, which I rarely do with "leader" figures on this show.

If we get another episode like this I'm going to start hoping Rick just wanders off my screen for a good long while.

• Members

Screw Gabriel! That bastid needs to go!

Glenn's face as Noah went....such ...ugh, I can't...

Why couldn't it have been Tara?????????

Aiden...meh...but they should have left the other dude to die!

Eugene steps up....finally! As for Abraham, he and his bad dye job can go anytime, too!