DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

I think Carrie was supposed to be an older soul, but I don't think that was explicitly stated.  She also had a lot of male friends (Jonah, Mike, Lucas).  In her first wedding to Austin her bridesmaids were Billie (involved with her uncle), Gina/Hope (her aunt lol), Marlena (her step mom), and Wendy (who's forgettable).  And putting aside Wendy, who was barely used, all these women had their own group of friends their own age.  Even Sami had Jamie.   I suspect it was less about Carrie and more about JER wanting Carrie to be the only young heroine in that age range and didn't bother adding anyone else.  But when you think about it Carrie's never really had a female friend her entire run her age.  Marlena was basically her BFF 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Per a Days site, Sarah Horton was born on the show on Christmas 1981. By 1990, she was around 16 or 17!

She was greatly de-aged upon Linsey Godfrey assuming the role.

Apparently, Carrie appeared on the show around 1981 as a 5-year-old (played by Andrea Barber, best known as Kimmy Gibbler on Full House). So, technically, Carrie has always been older than Sarah. But SORAS and de-SORAS messes with everything.

• Members

She was originally 15/16 as the Actress who played her was born in 1974, her recast was a little older, Wikipedia Lists her as being born in 1968, But IMDB lists her and the recast actress as different People

Now A Warning: don't get too excited About what might happen on old Soaps, I spent a good hour or 2 digging the episode When Alex Marshall Burned Anderson Manufacturing on Linda's orders, turns out it was his idea not hers and we didn't see the actual thing, only Tom and Alice's Reaction! 

However I admit it was one of the most eventful New Year Episodes I've Ever Seen!

• Members

Really surprised to see Sarah in this picture. For those who don't know or remember, she was introduced during Aremid and was a love interest for Jack. This would suggest she was going to stick around, but for whatever reason, that didn't happen.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

**Not to be confused with Sarah Horton whom the thread was about a few days back

That said, I'm not sure she had anything to do with Sami/Austin/Carrie/Lucas so perhaps this is a more candid shot of the younger cast posing together rather than a promo for a particular storyline?

• Members

I think Sarah was going to be part of the Aremid spinoff idea that was floated around before Missy left.   I don't recall Sarah having anything to do with Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas although they may have shared scenes in passing.  I actually don't remember Sami/Lucas even being part of Aremid. 

• Members

Because Missy Reeves quit the show. They were readying the Aremid spinoff and had just placed the Aremid gang (Rachel Blake, Jude St. Clair and Parrot Man) all on contract just a week or so before Missy quit. I had asked Barry Cutler (Parrot Man) when I interviewed him a long time ago why he had been briefly placed on contract, so that was the reason.

• Members

I don't really know what the Aremid spinoff would have been about.  I only remember hearing about it in one of the mags, but I never recall reading what the premise would be lol.  To this day, I have never heard any more details than who would be in it.   I guess Peter/Jack/Jen and maybe Laura? would be moved to Aremid.  The Parrotman, Rachel Blake, and Sarah weren't very interesting, so I don't know why they were added.   I did like Jude St. Clair though.

• Members

I don't think Sarah was realistically his love interest.   I perceived her more as his friend/confidant   I didn't get the vibe that Jack had any romantic interest in her.  Jack didn't have a lot of friends at the time and I think it was a way to tie a new character to a current cast member and flesh Sarah out a bit.  The show appeared to put her in publicity shots with the 'younger' set, so I think there were plans to move Sarah into a more age-appropriate sphere.  Once again though I have no idea what the Aremid spinoff was about.

At least with Manhattan Lives, we got a rough outline of the story and characters.  It appears that spinoff was more fleshed out.