DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Carrie was supposed to be slightly older (at least in 1990) because I remember them being candystripers together in the hospital and being interested in the same boy, Chad. And I distinctly remember Sarah saying to Chad that he was probably more interested in Carrie because Carrie was older. But then of course they wrote out Carrie (and Chad), recast Sarah with an older actress (which kind of gave Sarah a bit of a bump in age too, though she was still a teen) and tried to pair her with Michael Easton's Tanner before writing her out.

• Members

Thanks! You are probably right.  After I wrote the reply I doubted myself about Carrie being younger or older thinking at the end of Sarah's run she was younger. I assumed the recast of Sarah aged her a bit.  I went off Christie's Carrie and the stories Sarah subsequently played while Carrie was off canvas with Anna and I thought Carrie was too young to set up an affair with Neil or be paired with Tanner.  Then again, Carrie seemed to be aged when she came back as Tracy Middendorf and was teased with Lawrence, so it's possible Carrie was still older and when CC returned she was playing a version of Carrie that was slightly older than her own age.

I couldn't recall if the show said it not nor do I remember this Chad lol.  I thought both girls liked Emilio's younger brother.  So it's probably more accurate to say Sarah was around Carrie's age (maybe a year younger), but not as young as Sami.  It actually would have been nice for Carrie to have a female friend around her own age like Sarah in the 90's.  Carrie had friends, but I always felt they were older than her.  

• Members

Chad Webster was a short-lived character. From the old Who's Who in Salem biographies (as always, thanks to Jason's site):

Porter Rollins, a low-budget film producer, rolled into Salem with his movie crew and teen idol Chad Webster ready to film a new movie: Wild Night of the Teenage Vampires -- Part 2. Carrie was thrilled at the fact that there was an open casting call for the movie and tried out for one of the leads...and got the role! She and Sarah Horton were ecstatic at having gotten parts in the movie...and to be working with Chad Webster. The movie was, as you might guess, a cheap horror flick that would be filmed in a real haunted house. But the film was as jinxed as the script was bad. Several "hauntings" stopped production many times. Unbeknownst to everyone, the ghosts were just illusions created by a machine being used by Johnny Corelli. On the set, however, there were worse problems. Teen idol Chad Webster was dating both Carrie and Sarah. What was worse, he was a regular drug user and just plain trouble. At one point, Carrie was caught with his cocaine-freebasing equipment in her possession and arrested. Soon after, a small fire occurred on the set and Roman shut down the entire production.

For some reason, this was tied into Lawrence's initial storyline:

Meanwhile, a producer named Porter Rollins arrived in Salem to begin producing a teenage horror film and attained Nick Corelli, Victor Kiriakis, and Shane Donovan as investors. The production of the movie was redundant, confusing, and plagued by mishaps. Money was spent but never accounted for, a fire broke out, ghosts haunted the set, and drugs were found on one of the actresses. The people affected by these mishaps were all tied to influential townspeople, and Lawrence was behind all of it. The movie was a ruse meant to distract everyone from his plans involving Jencon Oil and its hostile takeover of the forested Green Oaks area.

• Members

I do remember the movie now that you mention it lol.  Thanks!  Was this during a time with a lot of backstage upheaval?  This story seems to make little sense and goes nowhere really unless we always knew it was tied to Lawrence, but I doubt it.  I mostly just remember RoJohn/Carrie fighting about it a lot.

I don't think so?  Someone who was watching at the time would have to tell you what they thought.  I have only seen clips.  She didn't seem especially popular and was recast.  Sarah is most famous for pretending to have an affair with Neil before she knew he was her bio dad, so I think her character was a catalyst for that story pretty much.  Ill-defined and totally unmemorable is how I would describe her.   She and re-cast Melissa left town with a whimper, so I think it's safe to say the character wasn't working.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Well, I don't know if I would say Godfrey was the best thing to happen to Sarah, but she happened lol.  

I am not really sure why no one brought Sarah back earlier.  I could see her fitting easily into the JER Sami/Carrie/Austin/Lucas/Mike group or being brought back instead of Maggie having the insta daughter Summer.  Either writers had no interest or didn't do the research.  Regardless, I do think Sarah was a pretty blank slate despite her early run.  

• Members

They could've Re-Teenage her in the late 1990's like they did with Brooke's Daughter on AMC lol

LOL I had to research talk about a forgettable, pointless and Non Developed Character, Summer was there for less than A month, and has since died, Ron Knows no limits 

• Members

I forgot to give my thoughts on your earlier point: it would have been nice for Carrie to have a female friend in her age group. Either that, or it could have been part of her characterization; that for one reason or another, she just didn't get along well with most young women.

Edited by Franko