OLTL: Discussion for the week October 25

• Members

Shaun Choking Greg. :lol:

Greg does seem trifling. From his lack of interest to being any sort of parent to Destiny and not even trying to be there for her as a brother during different times in her life. To sleeping with Shaun's girlfriend and what he put Tea through, he doesn't seem like he's a whole lot of good.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was wishing Cole's skull would have been crushed too. Soooo annoying....

I am kinda liking the Evans family drama! Wish they would hire a powerhouse actress to come in and play Destiny's mom. I'd rather watch this than the boring Ford brothers. blah!

• Members

I am so tired of all of Starr and Cole's drama, cannot wait for Cole to leave, hopefully that will put Starr on the backburner. I so need a break from Starr.

I love Eli (MW) to bad they had to make him this evil, there is no coming back and for once in a LONG time I liked the guy that they paired Blair with, it made me like Blair.

This Cris and Gigi stuff is STUPID and asinine.

I want some flipping romance!!!!

And dammit I want more Viki and Viki/Charlie!

• Members

I pretty much love how Greg was the quintessential slick lightskint playa of the late '80s, historically accurate. ^_^ I think Destiny's mom being dead takes a LOT of wind out of these sails, *presumed* dead is fine but

there needs to be some type of gold at the end of this rainbow. In the form of Destiny's cripple mother or something. Like she and Evangeline are tucked away in the same facility.

• Members

That would be the ultimate retribution. The problem of course would be timeline if Shaun was locked up at the time. I'm confused about all that because last week he said that he was around when his mom told him she was having Destiny (which makes no sense) and then she said he was busy with work/school or something, I guess this is when he first got out. Now Greg and Sharlene were together when he was in jail, so maybe he served roughly 9 months, I don't know, and maybe I'm not following closely enough, but it seems conveniently messy and vague at the moment. Elbow room.

• Members

Yeah it has taken some of the wind out of the sails, I would have liked them coming up with a logical reason why Destiny's mother couldn't have been in her life, and having Des deal with that and her bio mom. But oh well, since OLTL is on a budget and they can't cast anymore coloreds, I guess I'll take what I can get.

• Members

This is yet another story where almost everything took place in the past and the impact in the present is very minimal and mostly involves characters who are on the way out or are minor. It's bizarre and anti-soap. I guess if nothing else Roxy and Destiny can have a long conversation about being in shocking secrets which probably disappear five minutes later.

• Members

Yeah, it really is good dramatic stuff, but the impact would have been greater if we'd seen Richard and Phlyicia more often, if there were more family dinners and knowing looks. I know I'm not the only one who has relatives who were raised by their grandparents as their parents and were hit with the reality of their situation at a certain age. I think we were kinda cheated out of more juice. Now to wrap this all up over the next few weeks and go without seeing Destiny relate to her parents as she processes this, and just have her act all hurt and pissy around Darren and Matthew, that is no good at all. I hope we get better than that.

LOL, I *think* they said Shaun was an ex-con when he first started on the show as Starr's bodyguard. Not sure.

Archived