OLTL: Discussion for the week October 25

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love how Scotty makes this thread every week and there are always 157 views with 0 replies. :lol: So I just wanted to make a quick post saying that I'm really looking forward to more Evans family fallout though I'm prepared for the inevitability that the identity of Destiny's biological mother may be a long time coming. Hopefully I'm wrong. They may throw us a lie, or should I say "temporary answer" at first.

• Members

Yeah, OLTL loves to string us along, and half the time it feels less like paced storytelling and more like, "We're making this [!@#$%^&*] up as we go."

I mean, Rex? Can we just put a period at the end of that parental sentence already?? :rolleyes:

• Members

The problem isn't just the number of "who's the parent" storylines, but their resolutions too. Why make Schuyler Roxy's kid just as he's about to go to jail and off the show? Why do this Greg reveal just as he's about to go to jail and off the show? I know there needed to be a deep, dark secret that Eli was using against Greg, but another paternity issue?

And I hate how the show turned Hannah into a psycho too. When she was released to Marty's care, I actually thought there was great potential for Hannah's redemption. Marty was a bad girl who got into a lot of trouble when she was young. Hannah's obsession with Cole kind of echoed Marty's obsession with Andrew. So I thought, Marty "saving" Hannah could be a great story for both characters to play out. But the show went and did the predictable, unimaginative thing and made her crazy. FAIL.

• Members

ITA guys. The show seems to change gears and direction to often. There seems to be no long term story, just plot. Once the plot is done, the story shifts gears and changes direction to suit the next plot. Marty "saving" Hannah would have been an amazing story, full of reflection and growth for both characters. Unfortunately, we'll never see it. No different than the Miles/Addie connection, the fall out of Dorian's actions when she took over BE, Dorian and Ray, Mitch...etc.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that the show seemed to lose focus when Carolyn Culliton left the writing team and that since the edition of Jean Passanante, the show seems to be on "some sort of track" again, or is it just my imagination.

• Members

Agree, agree, agree. The resolutions are always so *whomp whomp* with those involved either being scuttled off or the denouments are simply unsatisfying/nonsensical (Rexahontas). I too thought that Hannah was "on the mend" so to speak, I thought she'd go on to be an AMC's Annie-like character... inherently good, but a penchant for wacky shenanigans, kind of like Santa Barbara's Gina.

It will certainly matter to Destiny, but true, whether that will "matter" or not to the writers at this point is yet to be seen. You know if they tell us she's dead we won't believe it anyway. ^_^

Yeah, it's pretty funny, just a little something I've noticed week after week. I guess folks assume there'll be a little preview in the initial post.

Archived