The View

YRBB

• Members

You compromise on a luxury car or a house. You don't compromise on a child. Sherri is a dumb disgusting person. Now, 2 men are accusing her of being an unfit parent.

In a perfect world, the surrogate would keep the child AND sue both for child support.

And the last thing that vile creature, Sherri, wanted was the inevitable - ending the relationship. Single women always catch hell on the red carpet.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not sure that "compromised" is the right word, perhaps she "compromised" with surrogacy, but I think Sherri definitely wanted more children but she was just waiting for a new husband to have them with. I distinctly remember an episode where she referred to her frozen, unfertilised eggs as her "babies" and how she had no intention of ever having them destroyed, it was just a matter of when in terms of IV. So I guess she tried and it was unsuccessful. Now she's trying to dodge a bullet, Sal, trying to use biology as a defense, but the fact of the matter is, she's equally responsible for this child's creation. Bringing this baby into the world is a decision they made as a couple. If the roles were reversed and Sal was all, "Not my sperm. Peace out!", I don't think we'd be looking at him too favorably.

• Members

And on a separate note, it's being reported that Rosie O'Donnell is in negotiations to return to The View.

I'm mixed on this. I have always loved Rosie, even when public opinion was (and is) mostly negative of her. But I'm not sure how this will work. On one hand, I think she works best alone. When she was back last month for Barbara's farewell, you could always tell that Rosie was just waiting for her chance to talk. She's not even listening to anyone else, because she's already thought in her head what she's going to say next. I like her opinions, but I don't know if there's a large audience out there for her anymore. If it were still 2002 and she was still playing up the "Queen of Nice" thing she had going on during her 1996-2002 talk show run, then I'd say, YES! But after everything that happened in the past 12 years, I don't think people care about her opinions. Sadly, it's the same thing that happened with Roseanne Barr. She is smart and has intelligent ideas, but her delivery and her interaction with other people have soured people's opinion of her.

Perhaps she would do well with Whoopie and a couple other women who are intelligent (i.e. not Sherri) and not a nails-on-a-chalkboard harpie (i.e. Elizabitch).

It's crazy how The Talk is actually a better show now. I always felt like they threw together a bunch of random misfits, but oddly enough, it works!

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Oh they have to resign Rosie. Especially, since there are rumbling that Sarah Palin wants to join the panel.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reliable-source/wp/2014/07/07/is-sarah-palin-heading-for-abcs-the-view/

Whoopi & Rosie being able to chew up Sarah on a daily basis will gain back my viewership. Hell, I wish that this would make Joy come out of retirement and rejoin the show so they can drag the hell out of Sarah. :P

• Members

I like Rosie. I wonder if she and Whoopi would work though as two alpha comediennes. Whoopi never seemed willing to share the comedic spotlight with Joy, and Joy tried too hard to be as funny as Rosie, and Rosie is too much of a control freak to sit on a panel, let alone not be the moderator.

• Members

I like Rosie. I wonder if she and Whoopi would work though as two alpha comediennes. Whoopi never seemed willing to share the comedic spotlight with Joy, and Joy tried too hard to be as funny as Rosie, and Rosie is too much of a control freak to sit on a panel, let alone not be the moderator.

• Members

Rosie is a goddess and got The View their highest ratings ever! She is needed back and I love her.

What's Stacy Dash up to? I saw her on FOX News as I was flipping the channel. A black conservative would be different and interesting and Whoopi would be dragging that ass on the daily.

I also read that they REALLY want a Latina so if they add one and then go for a young unknown woman I would love that!

Edited by Eric83

• Members

If a former co-host returns I really feel it should be Star. She could bring BRAINS back to the show. I feel when she left it was the beginning of the end. She did become annoying at the end, but I think she has learned from that. With Barbara gone you need at least one person who can actually moderate and be fair. I don't think Rosie or Whoopi can do that. I would have Star as moderator, Whoopi and Rosie should be Joy's replacement.

• Members

Star isn't a bad idea though I'm beginning to think if they bring in another black woman they will want to go younger, like late twenties to mid-thirties. I would love someone like Tichina Arnold or Tisha Campbell though. I think Star got a raw deal and I felt sorry for her when her own show was cancelled so soon. As a matter of fact, I remember her interviewing Whoopi when she was joining The View.