• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm gonna go ahead and revise my list:

Whoopi, Ann Curry, Nicole Richie, Sarah Colonna, Lisa Rinna, Bethenny (or Ana/other Housewife).

They need to completely revamp this [!@#$%^&*] and promote the hell out of it. I need for these bitches to be promoting this on GMA, The Chew, Jimmy Kimmel, Wendy, Queen Latifah, etc. They need to promote heavily on Twitter/Facebook. They need to release videos of the ladies interacting over the summer, doing funny [!@#$%^&*] or short interviews, etc. on Youtube to show people that the chemistry is there. All the ladies need to be active on social media promoting it as well. Hell, maybe even do some cross promotion with GH. The Talk/Y&R do it all the time.

They need to spend actual money on some slick new promos. Maybe do some type of promos with images/clips of each individual lady with a tag line, such as:

Whoopi: The one you already love.

Ann: The established journalist.

Nicole: The *original* reality star.

Sarah: The no-boundaries comedienne.

Lisa: The soap diva.

Bethenny/Ava/Housewive: The REALEST Housewife (or something that fits whichever is chosen).

Have those tag lines said in the promo and then end it with "A BRAND NEW View, coming this fall!" (Thanks to Khan, I believe, or AMS maybe, for that idea.)

They also need to completely redesign the set. It needs to look completely different from any other set the show has had. Maybe a loft type feel with exposed brick and a large fake window "overlooking" a skyline of NYC. And instead of having them sit at a boring glass table, why not give them classy wing backed chairs, similar to what they use on Fashion Police?

They need to spice up the segments. Hot Topics is great, but maybe add an "Ask the Audience!" section, ala Wendy. Maybe do a steady theme of every Friday they have a sixth guest host to keep things interesting, or something like that. Bring back something similar to Joy's Comedy Corner, where they feature unknown/up and coming comedians. Do an "indie of the week" artist segment or something to showcase upcoming artists. Maybe occasionally do more serious interviews or specials where the whole episode is dedicated to a big interview, rather than split between interview and hot topics. Designate time within the show to talk about social issues and make viewer/audience interaction and opinion a vital part of that.

The show could go on very successfully but they really need to completely retool it. It should be The View in name only at this point. They need to find a balance between what it used to be, what it's become, and what's going to make it successful in the future.

Edited by Mr. Vixen

• Members

I knew there was a reason I loved you! Thanks, boo! :wub:

On the real, it's really not that hard to make this show work. My ideas are just several of probably dozens they could come up with. It'll all depend on how much effort they put in. If they keep things exactly the same, just with new faces, it probably won't do too hot.

• Members

Smart move to dump deadweight Sherri and Jenny. I didn't mind Jenny but I can see how she might not have fit in.

It's a good idea to reboot the show. I just really never thought they'd do it.

I personally don't need to see any "Real Housewife" hosting this show. Rumors have them I guess even considering adding a man or two to the panel.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I really think at least one woman needs to be a relative unknown. Im not a fan of just casting names. I preferred the original concept as opposed to this being a random group of celebrities.

One thing's for sure. I dont want any penises on this show!

you do realize you already cast 6 women? So it would actually be seventh guest host. IMO/ thats too many damn woman. It should be 5 at the max and Whoopi needs to be dropped. I dont think she's that funny and the only thing she has to offer is filling in the black quota. With Lisa and Sarah, they already got their humor there.

I dont think Lisa Rinna would do it as she is an LA girl and firmly planted in CA. I think she loves her current freedom and if she had to do a daily gig, it would have to be in CA. I just cant see her doing the commuting thing everyday nor do I see her moving out to NYC.

Out of the housewives, Bethenny would be the best choice, but after her show was cancelled, I recall her saying she wanted to take a break from the spotlight and focus on her daughter and I believe her on that. Some may not like this but Alex McCord would also be an amazing fit. She is VERY insightful and has a lot of "views" to say. She's a NYer and good in front of the camera.

Nicole seems like a random choice but I like her. Im not sure how she is as a personality though as I think she has potential to be boring but she could be a good fit as the "young" one that can help out with the pop culture segments

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Is that what Jenny just said? If so, I don't believe it. I'm banking she got fired and is trying to save face.

ABC should just cancel The View tbh. Unless they pick four stellar women to sit next to Whoopi, and it goes back to its strong suit (politics), this show will continue flop. ABC should just cancel this show and bring back OLTL & AMC in thirty minute formats. Or invest in a new soap. Talk shows are dead in the water, so I hope they weren't stupid enough to invest in another one. Especially after that big ass flop known as The Katie Couric Show, which ABC invested all that money in.

• Members

Megan McCain on the View would destroy the show....surprised they ditched Jenny so soon.

This actually has me so excited....I mean I'd love to get rid of Whooopie while we're at it but if not then I def say bring in as many interesting and well rounded people as possible. I like your list Mr. Vixen. Bethenny would be great on a show like The View!

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

HA! laugh.png

And I agree, a male host is going against the show's very concept and I don't know why they insist upon this parade of male guest hosts. I can't sit through an entire episode of this show, I'd rather watch Paternity Court or Wendy Williams, but not a single one of the male guest hosts has impressed me. They have all been flat, lifeless unknowns who contribute nothing of worth to the conversation.