October 4-8, 2010

Toups

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep! Those numbers are very clear. Personally, I didn't think it would beat OLTL, but you just never and it may pick up steam, but I hope it doesn't.

TPTB at OLTL were clever to have Tea's reveal to Dani air that day. It was a good strategy that worked well. Now lets see how the rest of the week rates.

• Members

That depends on how you define "upcoming." Right now, OLTL is reaping the benefits of its kidnapping stories. Ron loves kidnappings like Guza loves explosions and murder and they always pay off in the ratings. I think OLTL will hold fairly steady through sweeps then drop. What happens with The Talk remains to be seen. I predict a drop but how big or small depends on the guests, promotion and whether other affiliates pick it up.

I just find it funny that ABC even put out a release. It makes them look scared.

• Members

Where do some people get The Talk beat OLTL? It's the other way around. It says The Talk got 2.1, OLTL got 2.2. Plus Scotty posted a press release showing it too.

On a side note... OLTL had a 2.2 Monday--WOW! Makes me wonder what this week's rating will be for OLTL--think it will make 2.0?!

• Members

LOL...at your last line.

I believe the bigger picture of what CBS is trying to do is being completely missed, this is just not about The Talk, it's about what it could represent. The network is finally following some sound advice that it is time for them to start producing their own shows (and cheaply while they are it LOL) or teaming with other companies to produce their own brand of shows.

So while some people are praying or doing the rain dance that The Talk fails (I hope it doesn't), this is just the tip of the iceberg of what the network wants to do so they can compete in the future. It is very clear that they are going to shake-up their daytime schedule a bit - they have already done some internal structuring themselves to do just that.

• Members
The probably are scared.

And maybe CBS will replace Y&R or B&B with an in-house soap project that they can get additional revenue from rerunning after Ferguson or on one of their cable subsidiaries. CBS viewers have been incredibly loyal and continue to be if the indication of LMAD and Talk are any indication.

• Members

That's not a valid statement about being around for a long-time. The show has lost a lot of viewers over the years just like everything else that's been on a long time on television except the NFL. That doesn't mean a thing, OLTL's average is lower than 2.5 million viewers so that's a good number for them.

The Talk should've actually gotten 4 million viewers for a show getting the amount of press it did and predictions that it was going to beat The View on its first outing.

I agree, most of the people that watched it on the internet say they didn't like it so that's not a good sign.

Archived