Y&R Discussion for week of October 11th

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't really have a handle on Tucker. Though I guess he hasn't been in town for that long. I did feel sorry for him when Kay reamed him out for no reason and then vowed to back Victor if he was backing Abby's suit. As if ol'Vic hasn't pushed his many agendas and screwed people over legally for no other reason than he could.

• Members

Maura would be a bad fit for the role of Victoria. She has too many rough edges and it would be a total character shift. I could see her being Nikki's daughter but Victoria is supposed to be well-breed, highly educated--basically, a snob. Maura is great but will always have that raised on the wrong side of the tracks vibe. She would be great as Gloria's long lost daughter which would further extend the Baldwin/Fisher clan.

I'm watching today's Y&R repeat and loving it. This must have been written during the LML era and i love how Gloria is all front and center. The current writers really shifted the character of Lauren's mother, Joanna. In this episode, she's a bitch but nothing like the evil monster who went to court for Jill last month. Wow--MTS look so much better five years ago! Nick looks a lot younger, too

• Members

Maura West is fabulous as this new character. She isn't Diane Jenkins mind you, but that's not West's fault. Diane Jenkins came and left with Alex Donnelly.

The one thing Maura has done is captured the class that Alex had as Diane.

Drunk Nikki continues to be fabulous.

• Members

I saw Diane and Ashley's scenes yesterday, and I just had to roll my eyes at how they glossed over spermgate and had Diane state Kyle was 11, while Abby is now played by a 30 year old...

Whether they want to admit it or not, spermgate is a huge part of Diane and Ashley's history, and acting as if it never happened is really talking down to the audience. Then again, you can't expect anything better out of the people running this show.

• Members

Maura has a lot of class and she looks more like a well-breed, highly-educated, snob than Amelie does.

I would have liked to see Neil in that storyline as well. He could have been Nikki's confidante instead of Deacon.

They should have at least made Kyle to be the same age as Noah.

• Members

I just see Maura as very middle American--not trailer park but, for sure, not classy. She is more the home town girl does good type of character. Y&R always had a 'poor' family or, at least, middle class, and that is currently missing. Maura would have been great as one of Gloria's kids and would have had great interactions between Kevin, Lauren and Michael--all of whom are under used.

BTW, why does everyone call him Aunt Jack. I do consider him to be Y&R's first gay character but missed him being outed as a trannie ;) Visual: Jack with a blond wig and a drinking problem as Victor's bitch ;)

Archived