Y&R Discussion for week of October 11th

• Members

Why are they acting like it is a surprise that a 103 year old man might croak? They did far less ballyhooing about Chance even though most of them are supposed to think he's dead and those who do know are supposed to act like he is.

Maura should have been a new character. Jack's a slut, she could have just popped up with his previously unknown spawn. At least then the ages wouldn't be so messed up like they are with Abby and Kyle.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank god that horse AD is not in the role. Sorry, but she never did anything for me in the role during the 90s. In the 80s, sure, but she just did not click with me during the sperm run. SW was fine in the role, but looking back, nothing special and it was a mess with the fire and how convoluted the story became and no resolution. Hopefully, MW brings a fresh view on the role. Sometimes, I forget just how young MW is -- probably because she has five children.

• Members

Haha glad I'm not the only who noticed that an extremely old man in the hospital from a heart attack isn't really all that surprising...I guess Katherine's wigs keep her young?

I will say I really enjoyed EB's performance in the scene with Victoria at the club. It was one of those rare times in recent years where he actually isn't playing the arrogant ass that always win and honestly looked like a father desperately wanting to reconnect with his favorite child...Dare I say even AH was awake?

As I'm more familiar with the Diane character's history and not the actresses to play it, I thought Maura did very well and I could already see some chemistry there...If someone could please slap Phyliss soon that'd be great.

• Members

Slight derivation, but did anyone notice a slight tweak in the credits on Monday's episode?

I may be going mad but I don't belive Ashley was in those credits before. Does anyone remember who was in her place before? Again, I could have that wrong...

As for the show itself, it has been largely a chore to watch this year but it has not been that bad the last couple of weeks.

• Members

Even moreso ever since that "Woman Scorned" blogo-sope the camera is often chanelling in THE STAFFORD © as if she were the savior herself.

I'm beyond over that useless character and Stafford's tics: I now hate her more than Cane, even if that's just because Monsieur Goddard got backburner-helled with SaintLily. Now if that isn't worth another Emmy!???? HAAAAATE

• Members

The Stafford's Giggly Heffa and Laura Wright's Carly are pretty much my two most hated characters of all time. I can just about understand why a grumpy misogynist like Bob Guza writes his central female character in such a way; what I don't understand as how a female HW and EP like MAB thinks this is just the kind of "heroine" that Y&R's viewers root for.

And I'm not just saying this because Diane is coming up against Heffa but next to AULL THOSE MENNERIZIMZ, Maura West came across beautifully, as this purring little cat. Perfect for the feline Diane. Heffa just looked like an idiot next to her.

• Administrator

Maura West was good today! I'm already loving her as Diane. I agree that those pictures didn't do her justice. I'm also enjoying this Meggie story (though I too don't understand how Nikki doesn't know there's alcohol in her drink). But Sean Young is great.

• Members

Maura is a great actress but I can't help but think that Colleen Zenk Pinter would have been more suited to the role of 60 year old Diane Jenkins.

I love Drunk Nikki, keep her around this time. Just like with Amber, I find Deascum fits in better on the Y&R than on the B&B. Probably because characters aren't being sacrificed in the same way to prop their storylines.

• Members

Seriously...why is all this vitriol aimed at Diane? Phyllis and Jack I get. And Victor detests anyone who doesn't cow to his will, which I gather happened in their divorce.

But even GhostJohn (who seems very tan for the afterlife) seemed downright hostile. I've seen convicted axe murderers get warmer receptions.

And did Diane know Victor wasn't Kyle's father? I thought the Great Sperm Switcheroo was a surprise even to her.

Archived