Y&R Discussion for week of October 11th

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually Diane/Lauren used to be friend's in the 80's. It was back when Diane was married to Andy and lauren to Paul. In fact, Lauren bought Diane back in 1986 to try to break up Andy and Faren but was unsuccessful. Shame they didn't follow up with the friendship when Diane came back in 1996.

Maura seems to be a combo of Alex and Susan's take on the Diane character. She's classy like Alex was and more sarcastic like Susan was. When Diane was on before, she was friend's with Michael as well. It was funny seeing him caught between Phyllis and Diane whenever they clashed with one another. A wealth of history that could be utilized to the fullest extent (if they writer's actually researched their show's history LOL)

• Members

can someone upload the clips of Joanna (Lauren's mom) appearing in court last month?

I LOVE Susan Seaforth Hayes, and I was SO excited about her return...And it just happened to fall in the week where I was moving and I missed the whole week. And with everything as crazy as it was, didn't get a chance to catch it online.

Anyone have any of those scenes?

• Members

Yeah they need to lay off the Father Knows Best thing...They should just mention from time to time that they were "watching it last night" or something. But having them sitting there watching it, and then the conversation turning to baby making? All stemming from Father Knows Best? So basically we're supposed to believe that Robert Young is some sort of aphrodesiac for them? Too far.

• Members

The Adam/Phyllis scenes are laugh out loud hilarious - the best bits of Y&R so far this week.

I'm starting to wonder if Phadam might work after all, if the writers ever went there, or Phyllis and Adam at least had a one-night stand. :lol:

Imagine the fun Muhney and Michelle would have with all that. :lol:

• Members

The Williams family is gone: Mary is old, off canvus; Patty is insane; Carl is gone--Paul and Heather are it. I love the Fisher clan and think they pretty well represent the dyfunctional lower middle class family misus Gloria and Michael getting married to wealthy people. Kevin was abused, had a rough life, but isn't creepy anymore. Gloria is just larger than life and often a tacky idiot but fun.

Maura was great playing 'white trash' a number of times on ATWT such as during her arrival and then, again, when JJ was kidnapped. Actually, on ATWT, both she and Jack were both low rent kind of trashy. The character of Carly dated race car drivers and cops. I don't see a huge difference between Carly and nuDiane. I like Maura but would never call her the classy type. Regardless of role, she comes off as the country music Virginia Beach vaction sort of girl. I could see her working at Jimmy's drinking bud beer. Ashley, Lilly, Kay and Emily are examples of class.

BTW, what happenmed to Jimmy? I loved her!

• Members

Both Sharon Case and that fierce girl playing Skye have helped him A LOT. He has slowly improved all year and finally got a grasp on Adam that is convincing.

Adam/Michael Muhney is the least of my problems with Y&R for months now. His redemption was pointless because he's back at square one characterwise but I think the characters works for now in his "evil" ways.

@ P.J.: Phyllis didn't trash Lauren 'cause she barely if at all mentioned her in this ludicrous blog. I didn't get the point of that at all anyway - the most embarassing character EVER is whining how OTHER woman are desperately clumsy to her men and public image - so I didn't pay that much intention.

Archived