Y&R Discussion for week of October 11th

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really miss Alistair and Ana.

There is a great idea for Keemo's return. Grayson McCouch will play the part, Keemo now calls himself Jonathan Abbott and he is a club owner. Jonathan will be paired with Sharon, Phyllis and Diane.

Gloria should get an evil twin sister. Let's call her Brandi.

Deborah Shelton would make a great nu-Esther for a Chloe/Ronan/Esther triangle.

Phillip fakes his death again because he can't tell his family that he plans to undergo gender reassignment surgery. A few months later Noelle Beck joins cast as a mysterious lady with a connection to Jill, Katherine and Nina.

Sabrina is alive! And she has a twin!

On a more serious note...

* Diane's presence make it very clear that there is nothing else left for Phyllis to do in Genoa City.

* The Father Knows Best madness is so not Y&R.

* For some reason whenever I am watching Ronan, Chloe and Heather I feel like I am watching GL in the late nineties.

• Members

THERE is just something about Jack these days I don't like at all, and I can't particularly put my finger on it. Since the Jack&Emily true love story and the whole Jack and Victor do James Bond garbage almost all of Jack's dialogue has been plain bad and over the top smug and righteous. Oh and Bergman's mannerisms and facial expressions aren't helping at all. His facial expressions the other day in the hospital while arguing Braeden/Victor looked similar to those of Drake Hogestyn.

And yes, Diane's presence as made Phyllis even more pointless. I loved "DA STAFFORD" and Phyllis or whatever the hell her nickname is in the 90s and from 2000-2005 but since then it's been a travesty.

• Members

MUST say this first, and then will do one of my old quote em up posts:

Maura.

West.

Is.

An.

Acting.

GODDESS!

My God, I have been transfixed watching every scene that she's been in this week. I wasn't sure on Monday, but by Tuesday, I was sold. How can a BRAND NEW addition ALREADY have so......Much........CHEMISTRY......with......Eileen Davidson, Melody Thomas Scott, Eric Braeden, Peter Bergman, that lil oddly happy child Kyle, Stephen Nichols, Sean Kanan..... each one of them came ALIVE in scenes with her. Plus, shockingly, I don't see one trace of Carly in her performances so far as Diane, which is rare, ESPECIALLY in a vet that is clearly so identified with that character. BRAVA!

But you know what makes me most giddy? I could tell by her OVERLY frenetic (even for her!) performance this week that, no matter how much she's kissed Maura's butt in press & tweeted her during Emmy season, "The" Stafford is rattled & intimidated by the force that is Maura. It's just all too delicious. LOVING it.

Please don't F*ck this up Y&R!

• Members

Finally caught Maura on Y&R.

I figured she'd act the mess out of the material. Already I like her better than everyone on the show.

However, she's not Diane. I don't...know who this is. But, I don't get Diane from her. Whoever said she came and went with Alex Donnelly--*pretty much.*

• Members

Oh, but Phyllis is far too good for Adam. She's committed to taking him down. rolleyes.gif Never mind that she's willing to do Deacon (the man who actually harmed her child) on a dumpster or that she doesn't have half the reason to hate him that Sharon has.

Adam/Phyllis hooking up and getting revenge on the Newmans makes sense, but instead Adam and Sharon will reunite. It defies all sense.

• Members

First round of Quote Post (Because, for the first time in a LONG time, Y&R actually had a week that warrants one and, since it's been so long, I'm doing multiple. For nostalgia purposes.

Honestly, I wish she'd just go back to boinking shirtless Morrow all day long & giggling. Phyllis is BACK? Um, no. "The" Stafford doesn't do character anymore. Clearly, caricature is all we're gonna get out of her. Should we expect anything less from someone who has removed her first name and replaced it with "The"?

-----THE Z-1

Intentionally? Nope.

Unintentionally? Nope.

Forced? Yup.

:rolleyes: ? Definitely.

----THE Z-1

Yes. :D:

For the first time in a long while, we disagree. No way would I buy West as Victoria. She may be, kind of, about the right rapid age, but something about Maura has always translated older to me. Victoria should be Nikki's daughter, not her contemporary.

You should have quit at "vibe." Everything, just everything is wrong with that last sentence.

+2

1 point for articulating the West/Donnelly/Diane conundrum so beautifully & an extra "stating (but not overstating) the obvious" point for Drunk Nikki.

:( I miss Don Diamont's Brad so much and hadn't even thought of this. He would positively SIZZLE with this new version of Diane. Screw you MAB! What a missed opportunity, however unforeseeable

• Members

Amen.

Really?

Maura can certainly play older (not Diane older but older) but I can't see her as MTS contemporary.

Mainly due to Maura's style (the short hair keeps her young) & cause MTS has aged (relatively well) a lot the past few years (to the point where her being Mother to two almost 40 year old children looks plausible).

But I can also see what you're saying too.

It's especially sad cause Y&R cut him to keep Doug (who outside of that ridiculous corrupt cop story, debacle of a Heather recast & the joke that was Nina/Paul/Cricket has nothing to do) which is insane given Paul's significantly connected to every character on the show.

• Members

Not Victoria, but the daughter Nikki gave up during her stripper days? Hell yes. No way does Maura look or act as old as Nikki. 40 maybe, but not nearing 60. That's not a slam on MTS. It just is what it is. I think she looks great.

As far as MW not being Diane, I can accept that the character has changed and she's Diane now. It's a lot easier for me to do that when there is a good actress in the role. It's a hell of a lot more difficult to accept when they trade a decent actress for a mediocre one.

It helps that Diane hasn't been around much in the last 3 years.

Kyle's age compared to Abby is jarring, but I bet he's aged by summer. They just want to show Jack around a young Kyle for a few months first, imo.

• Members

There is absolutely no reason for Jack to be on the show now. The Abbott family is basically done, they are just people with the same last name. Chompers took most of whatever Jack was supposed to be. The feud with Victor is played out. The character hasn't had a believable relationship with a woman in a long time.

As for Brad, I really think one of the main reasons he went was because he had the potential of getting in the way of the Victor obsession that Rauch/MAB/Sheffer have. Killing him meant that Abby would always be a Newman, nothing more, and it's Brad who? That also made it even easier to go back to Shick Shi!

Archived