Y&R Discussion for week of October 11th

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Diane isnt back 2 minutes and already Giggly Heffa is getting all up in her face, barking like some nasty pitbull. She's been back with Jack, for what 5 seconds? What right or business is it of her to throw in her 2 cents about Diane, Jack and HIS son? Seriously STFU and step aside. She has no kids with the man so what arrangement he needs to discuss regarding his son, is not her place to speak up on. She really grated my nerve today

How the hell can Nikki not tell when her drink has vodka in it? Im not an alcoholic but do they get immune to that? If my drink has vodka, I can tell

• Members

I should say that has nothing to do with Maura West -- Diane has never been the same for years now. I just don't understand why a fab talent like Alex Donnelly was so poorly treated...to the point of not even mentioning her when the most recent recast was announced.

• Members

Today was great, once again. Amelia actually mustered up some emotion for once...the scene with Victor in the club was very well written, a daughter desperately wanting to be close to her father,but knowing she can't because he's a toxic personality. Katherine and Murphy were great, EXCEPT BILLY is there as Katherine's sounding board and confidante? Please. And we haven't seen Esther in the hospital once? I agree with Carl... Maura had a pretty decent first day. The pic of Alex makes me sad as well, but I suppose we'll have to just get used to it. As opposed to them brigning on Riegel.. at least Maura can ACT. Speaking of which, notice how much more pleasant this show is without Riegel stinking up the screeen? It's amazing what an albatross she is aorund the neck of this show, I don't think there's been any other actor in Y&R's entire history that I can say that about. And Murph waking up and giving Meggie the cold stare... CHILLING. This SL is the best thing in the last 10 years. Sean Young is making her such a cold, calm, calculating bitch... she's terrifying without any histrionics. That's good acting.

• Members

I think if thye had darkened Maura's hair to a light, sandy brown... it would have helped tremendously. But right out of the gate, her acting is pretty darned good. And Stafford has decided to quit phoning it in as well, all her acting tics that drive up the wall are all right there on display, with light chasers and ringing bells.

• Members

Wow. "The" Stafford really trotted out her full arsenal of overwrought acting tics, didn't she? I thought her gagging moment was particularly Emmy-worthy (you know she'll be nominated anyway, so why not submit the one that makes a complete mockery of the nominations process?). Wonder how much of that was in the script, and how much of that was outright fear that there might be a new Head B!tch in town?

As for Giggly Heffa, Cheap summed it up beautifully. Aunt Jack should have asked Heffa to go to another room. His arrangement with Diane over when he gets to see Kyle are of absolutely no BIZNISS of her's.

I'm about ready for Maura to break out her trademark snarl/sneer.

• Members

Maura West was great and nothing like Carly so far. Loved the hair as well. Those pictures didn't do her justice at all. I just hope she's not coming back for a predictable Phyllis/Jack/Diane triangle. The three have chemistry so I'm sure it'll be fun, but that's too easy. Diane was over Jack when she left town. I'd like to see Diane and Neil, but it will never happen. My main problem with the recast is her age, but West plays old so I can buy her at Walters level. The blonde hair doesn't bother me because I do feel like she looks and reminds me of Diane at least. Much better than the new Heather.

Archived