Y&R Discussion for week of October 11th

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nichols doesn't seem to have any emotion in the role. Although that's based on seeing him in maybe five eppys. I get that he's supposed to be cold and calculating, having punished Katherine for his abandonment. You know who'd be TERRIFIC in the role? Grant F'in Aleksander. I get dizzy thinking about Grant and Maura's chemistry. But he's probably too young...and stuck like glue to the east coast.

Don't like "no really means yes" scenarios, so I'm glad I missed that one.

• Members

Originally Tucker was a Richard Branson type but when Y&R recast with Nichols Tucker became a weird mix of Patch & Stefan.

It also hasn't helped that TPTB never had any real idea or plan for the character beyond his initial story so Y&R's basically been randomly inserting the character into various stories to justify SN's salary.

• Members

I hate Don Diamont's ulta-campy/flamboyant wardrobe on B&B but this character is probably what MAB tried to copy but failed miserably. Bill Jr. is complex and loads of fun.

Stephen Nichols is not nearly half as bad as another BEEGLE recast this year but paychecques for both which likely aren't too small are nothing but wasted money. Anyone could play those roles and probably more suitably so.

• Members

UGH! The brooding billionaire is a bore. I feel like he’s constantly sulking, it’s simply depressing to watch him feel sorry for himself all the time. But I never feel sympathy because he comes off as a selfish (but kind of wimpy) jerk. He is the most unappealing guy on the show.

Tucker number one was a charming gentleman. I was thoroughly enjoying his spoiling of Jill. Pampering her with breakfast in bed and surprising her with gifts of diamond jewelry. What woman wouldn’t want to be romanced like that? This guy carried himself with the confidence a self-made man would really have. He had the power to win a few with Victor. I think the storyline with him was going to be with Jill, Nikki, Katherine, and even a little Gloria. I wish they would have stuck with him, it would have been much more fun.

• Members

I did feel sorry for Tucker when Kay ordered him out of the hospital; it seemed like Kay was being unjustifably nasty to him.

But I mean, even TGVN managed to crack a smile with Maura around. I get the vibe that Tucker's amused that everyone is warning him about Diane, but it's like SN's afraid his face will break if his lips curve upward.

I get what Tucker sees in Diane---she's unapologetically pissing people off right and left. She's an outsider like him. Ash has forever been a prissy, frigid daddy's girl.

• Members

Man, first someone mentions what her chemistry with The Don's Brad Carlton would be like and now you have to go & throw Grant Aleksander into the mix? That would be AWESOME and he'd have made a GREAT Tucker. LOVE this idea! :D

I see Stefan, but not Patch. Patch was an idiot dude that I've always hated. Yes, I said it. I'll say it again. Patch was & is an idiot dude & one of the worst characters that DAYS ever created.

• Members

SN got screwed the moment EB and his inflated ego returned to the show. Tucker is now a after thought without any really purpose. adding that tucker and ashley are as boring as hell .saying that i always find ED boring in romantic pairing she always seems to lack chemistry with her romantic partners on screeen.

and can someone please just kill of Lily are recast her CK has no acting abilities at all and her scenes in the crap tornado just proved it.

No way in hell is MW only 37 years old she looks closer to 48 years old she looks really old for her age.

• Members

For a mother of FIVE, MW still looks wonderful. I imagine that they need to make her look older because: 1) Diane would have been 13 when she and Jack were doing it; 2) except for MS, all the other players it seems like Diane will interact with are SIGNIFICANTLY older (TGVN, Aunt Jack, DrunkNikki, OtherSpermPig & Patchless). Man, this is where the loss of Brad really hurts. Something tells me that MW and DD would be burning up the screen together. Regarding Lily, a recast with qualities somewhere between DS and CK, would work. We've been exposed to both extremes and neither quite captures the street smarts/sassiness of Dru and a girl raised in boarding schools & Paris. I have nothing against or in favor of either actress, though I do feel sorry for the way DS was dismissed, but unfortunately that's show business.

Archived