Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Plus, Ms Zeman was in a front burner coupling with Rick Springfield on GH so that could be another reason why she would get a mention when she passed.

As others have said... Susan Lucci, Diedre Hall, Anthony Geary, Genie Francis, and probably Eric Braedon will get mention if any of them pass away.  It's all because all of them were known outside the soap world.

• Members

Not to belabor the point, but it is CBS Sunday Morning, and not exactly catering to the young and hip demographic. I don't think it would be asking a lot to acknowledge the passing of stars that appeared on their network. They are airing the Daytime Emmys again this year (or at least were until the writer's strike, which I assume leaves it up in the air), so they might give half a crap about the soap audience.

While acknowledging her passing was nice, I sarcastically wonder if it would have happened had she passed away on Monday, as opposed to late Wednesday/Thursday.

• Members

That is so heartbreaking to watch.  Elizabeth Hubbard did the right thing by paying into a long-term care policy that she'd hoped would relieve of her son of some of the burden of taking care of her in her final days.  It's just a shame that the bureaucracies that continue to cripple our country's health care industry undermined all that careful and smart planning.

Also, if I had my druthers, soaps would be putting a spotlight on these and other real, timely issues today instead of inundating us with more WTD stories.

Edited by Khan

• Members

That was a gut punch. As they mentioned in the story, so few can even afford that type of policy, and in spite of her years of planning, they still made sure she couldn't access the money she had paid in. Spending her last months guilt-ridden and frightened, on top of her terminal illness, is just wrong.