Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

pretty sure headwriters getting royalties for characters is an urban legend. i’ve posed the questions to several headwriters over the years, all of whom said they didn’t.  

but she’s certainly right about the the exodus of actors after john (the hatchet man) valente replaced laurie caso

• Members

Despite the tech difficulties, this was one of the better interviews.  Maybe SMS felt more comfortable spilling tea since we could not see her, or maybe it was the 1on1 format...I'll have to have another listen to unpack everything she shared.

Loved hearing about her friendship w/ Jennifer Ashe and Renee Props that started before they were on the show together.  And her memories of Doug Marland made me adore him even more.  Interestingly, Martha Byrne was not mentioned once (hmmm).  Was glad SMS made it clear she was never intimidated or in awe of Hubbard or Bryggman.

Sadly, three of SMS' leading men died tragically -- Michael D Morrison, Michael Louden and Keith Pruitt.  Her comments about MDM's death were so very sad.  With Benjamin Hendrickson's death, its clear ATWT's cast included many tortured souls.

Edited by gimmetoo

• Members

What a refreshing interview. Suzenne had some wonderful things to say, and love that not only was she willing to call-out the changes behind-the-scenes, but that Alan kind of encouraged it to happen (likely because he knew it wasn't Christopher Goutman). Though, was surprised he allowed her to talk about P&G.

• Members

I honestly don't watch most of these anymore because it's painful to think about how Locher will likely cut off talented and intelligent subjects from discussing key stuff, and I can't imagine watching it happen live. I wish someone could draft the WLS people or hell, even Jamey frickin' Giddens.

• Members

It seems up to marrying Whit Lisa was upper middle class (as was almost everyone in Oakdale at the time.) She ran the bookstore and then Fashions, etc.  It was after Whit that she starting collecting businesses "like she used to men" as someone wrote in a soap mag.

• Members

Gabriel being Tonio's would've made much more sense. I'm sure they could've lured Peter Boynton for a small stint near the end. What else did they have to lose with the show going off the air? It could've saved us the last six months being about Janet Ciccone and Barbara being petrified by that damn clown. 

• Members

Sometimes I pretend that most of that didn't happen.

If ATWT were ever to be fortunate enough to get any type of retool or revisit, a la All My Children/Pine Valley, I would definitely want to see a re-telling if certain stories. The last decade, in particular was pretty lousy story-wise. I'd be barraging whomever with story ideas for repairing the damage, because I've got tons.