• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Does anybody remember?

I'm currently watching the episodes which feature the "end" of Tonio Reyes. There are a few gaps in the episodes but, just going by the episodes, it looks like Duncan killed Tonio. However, when I was reading an online synopsis, it stated that Tonio escaped is apparently still alive. Does anybody know what really happened to Tonio? 

• Members

He was fleeing from Duncan. He lost his grip on the rope ladder and fell into the ocean. Everyone thought he drowned and died. Later in 1994 he reappeared in Montage kidnapping Susan and Bob and demanded they operate on  him after being shot. Susan and Bob first refused but later operated on Tonio. It was to no avail as he died on the operating table.

• Members

Thank you for that, soapsuds. However, he didn't die on the operating table. I watched the episodes around this time so I'm sure of that. He survived the operation (Bob and Susan later grappled with having saved his life after he'd cause so much suffering). He came back to get Sabrina after Bob and Susan left Montega. Duncan was still there in Montega. He kidnapped Sabrina and Duncan followed after them. Tonio shot Duncan and then, at the end of the episode, Tonio was leaving and Duncan reached up and grabbed him. The episode ends there and the following few episodes are missing. Later, Duncan talks about killing Tonio. However, the synopsis I read said that Tonio survived and told Sabrina he'd be back one day and they don't have his status as "deceased". So I'm a bit confused. Did he really die or did Duncan think he killed him but he really survived?

• Members

I thought Claire Beckham was gone before 1994? I just remember the new HWs bringing back a lot of fan favorites at that time. It's unfortunate the stories weren't there or were rehash of what Marland had already done.

I thought it would've been great had Tonio been Bianca bio dad. 

• Members

How would that work out chronologically though? Tonio would have had to have been a young teenager, like how Iva was only thirteen when she became pregnant with Lily. 

I mentioned Gabriel and Tonio because it would've provided an easy out to what I thought was a dumb storyline: making him Craig's. It also could have been a way to bring Bryant back with the discovery that Bryant was actually kidnapped and the "accident" staged, out of revenge for finding out that Gabriel's mother, before she passed away, convinced Sierra to protect Gabriel from ever finding out who his biological father was and Sierra, in turn, convincing Craig to go along with the ruse. Tonio finds out, summons his connections in the underground and criminal networks (with a helping hand from James Stenbeck, who still owed Tonio a favor) to take a son, to replace the son who was taken from him.