Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think this is most likely what happened. I mean, I know that happened due to Duncan talking about it later (Tonio hitting his head and dying) but I was just confused because the synopsis on the SoapCentral webpage makes it sound like he escaped and is in hiding. However, that doesn't really make sense because Duncan wouldn't be saying that he died if he escaped and Sabrina would have been worried about going back to Montega (which she wasn't) in the episode I just watched. The episode was Sabrina's last episode after a visit to Oakdale (Christmas 1992) and, in the end, she and Frannie were flying to Montega to live. No mention of Tonio. I think he did die. I don't know if I trust the SoapCentral synopses. The problem was that the actual "death" episode for Tonio is one of just a few missing from that time period. So, I thought I'd see if anybody had any first-hand memories of it. Thanks for the help!

I can't understand why the show never brought back Frannie and Sabrina. I really liked both characters and found them interesting. Much more interesting than most of the characters they filled the show with in its last decade or so. And I really liked Claire Beckham a lot!

• Members

This was also around the period Ellie returned. 

It was the returns of family that kept me tied to ATWT even when the writing was the absolute pits through much of 1994. When Valente got rid of that, or P&G did, whoever, the heart was cut out of the show. I will never forgive them, honestly. 

• Members

Richard Backus had no clue what he was doing. He decided to bring back a lot of fan favorites back to keep the soap afloat and it worked until May and viewers started tuning out. Richard literally had no stories to tell. Its a shame because the cast was full of fan favs.

• Members

I know how he passed but did any of his co-stars ever give a more detailed account of how things unfolded now that some time has passed?

I was thinking about it because I was listening to Philece Sampler (RIP) interviews recently where she talked about Brenda Benet's passing and I had always been compelled by BH's story (partially because of the closet angle)

• Members

The first of 14 novelizations of the early years of ATWT. It chronicles Penny's first two marriages and the whole saga of Ellen giving baby Dan away, the custody battle and her early relationship with David.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I have the set for Another World and the cover illustrations basically never look anything like the actors/characters. It always sort of amused me that the ones on the cover of Haunted by the Past sort of look a tiny bit like Sally Spencer and Ed Fry who played MJ and Adam in 1986/1987 and may or may not be intended to represent Iris and Robert? (Marianne and Chris? Pat and John? Clarice and Robert?) in the mid-70s.