Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I felt like that ended a bit early, although there probably wasn't much left to say. 

I was mostly glad to finally find out one of the reasons Julie appeared so infrequently in '91 (I didn't know Susan had been written out and was also pregnant in real life). 

Susan also said that the reason why she and many others were let go was so that P&G would not have to keep paying royalties to Doug Marland's estate for their characters. 

I wasn't sure if they would get into Michael David Morrison's death, but they did, and she talked about how she'd spoken with him the day before he died. She felt he had a double life and essentially committed suicide. 

Until now Alan didn't know Louden had died, I don't think (I guess it didn't get a ton of attention as he'd been out of soaps for a decade by that point). I was wondering if she'd have any more to say about him but they seemed to move on quickly...

• Members

I don't think she got along with Michael Lounden and that's why she moved on. 

Her besties were Jennifer Ashe and Renee Props.

Interesting how she said they had Graham Winton waiting in the wings very early in case Michael DOD or was sent back to rehab

My guess both. Glad she spilled it with John Valente without mentioning his name. He's the one that started firing actors.

Interesting that she called Liz and Lisa divas. Was that a compliment? When referring to Aaron's parentage.

I hope Alan can get Peter too. I have a feeling he's on his radar.

• Members

Yes - Graham had played Caleb before (in 1990 I think) so I guess he was on standby. I don't think he was a good recast, but I do appreciate how the producers of that era tried to take more care about finding an actor and using them when the times came - I think they also stuck to one temp actor for Hal and for Lyla in those years. 

I remember when Jennifer would return as Meg, she was usually not that friendly to Julie - it's a credit to the ladies they were able to make it believable. 

(did she say she met Jennifer auditioning for Facts of Life, or was that Renee?)

• Members

While I appreciate Alan coordinating all of these soap actor reunions, he can be a very frustrating interviewer. He interrupts a great deal - and at inopportune times. Suzenne was going to expand on several topics but at her slightest pause, he jumps in and cuts her off. I'm sure we could have learned a lot more about Louden and Morrison and the post-Marland era if he would just let her speak. She was game to talk about everything.  And it sounds like she had a friendship with Marland -- we could have learned about that as well. Again - I'm glad these interviews are taking place - but there are so many missed opportunities.

• Members

I think Eileen Fulton was used sparingly not because of royalties..but speaking out about Sheffer and co.  Up till 2000, she was used quite well.

And interesting Marland had characters he created came with royalties.  It does explain why Emma Snyder wasn't fired, but taken off contract in the mid 90s.

Babette (ellie) props was the one she met during a Facts of Life audition.  I noted when Alan mentioned trying to reach her to do a reunion but couldn't reach her...that Suzanne said 'she's keeping a low profile these days'...it sounded like she knew where she was but wouldn't tell him.

And she was vocal about ageism, behind the scenes, etc.  It was a good interview..and I think Alan should stick to 1 on 1 interviews.

Also, it seemed like Alan was out of his depth with Suzanne...she seemed deep and thoughtful..and he seemed confused.