Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I put some old Afternoon TV issues from 1969 up a while back that had some photos of her mother, if you want to see any. Minot was much younger than they passed her off as on the show, I believe.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Christmas 65 photo. In the front row are Connie Scott as Susan and Jeff Rowland as Dan. I didn't realise the Susan/Dan story had started that early with them being so young. I thought it didn't get underway until John Colenback became Dan.

Also the elusive Judy English is included,Claire's niece and Ellen's cousin.She's next to Rosemary Prinz

classicatwt20.jpg

• Members

Who is the woman at the bottom, and who are the main people around Don Hastings?

I didn't know Susan was on there so early either. That actress looks like Hayley Barr. They sure had a tough time casting Susan.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The woman in the front row is Franny Brennan(Toni Darnay),the Stewart housekeeper that Ellen killed.

Next to Bob are the Holmes,Ann and Bill played by Augusta Dabney and William Prince. They were parents to Amanda.

To Bob's left is Fred Collins,played by George Sampson. I have no idea how that character played in the storyline ,as I have never seen mention of him.

• Members

Eileen Fulton nixed Chuckie. She said Marland came to her with the possibility the kid was alive (I love that he would go to the actors about the history of the show) and she said, "No, Nancy Hughes buried him and whomever she buries stays dead!" So no Chuckie.

I agree that bringing him back would have been cool, especially with the original James Stenbeck Michael Shae along for the ride..he could have tutroed him on evil and to hate his mom. As it was Scott was too wishy washy, not bad enough to be fun and the actor was too old to play him.

• Members

That quadrangle kept the show at #1 but by 78 it was over as Judith Chapman and C David Colson left.Also,Kim/Dan/John/Susan had been resolved at this point .

Is that one of the reasons the ratings dropped as there was nothing as strong to play out ?

Interestingly, most resources have Judith Chapman on from 75-78 but French Fan's summaries mention Natalie in July 74.

• Members

I remember that Tom..as I kid I thought he was "cute," but can see he was sexy..that pic is not a good one. Though it is good of Jay...he always looked like a flaming Irish leperachan to me. Good pic of the Natalie actress and he sultry look. I can see why the guys were over her. I can't beleive that Lisa and she did not have more of an issue. Remember when the Dobson's brought her back with that horribly miscast actress and that dumb storyline where she was married to some Greek Shipping magnet/film producer and her whole point was to just get into to see her kid. She didn't even try to seduce Steve...(okay, so she was mannish and unnatractive but...)