Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ha....love it..Lucinda is right about everything..love the sniping and side stepping between Lucinda and Lisa on the phone!. By the way, was Lisa just crowned the Snowflake Queen with that dress.

I forgot how ridiculous it was that little Oakdale had all of these huge corporations colliding...World Wide, Krueger Industries, and whatever the hell Frannies husbands biz was called.

Good thing RB stuck to writing, his was not the most energetic actor.. (but actually looked like a real person.) I love that they used him just get to move the plot along and he does not waste anytime does he..."Oh hi Lisa, nice to meet you, by the by, why was everyone so close mouthed about my cousin's death???" and "Oh yes Lucinda, my cousin died while he brother was still married to Lisa, and no one would talk about it and Lisa just acted weirded out when I mentioend it and  you really do need to sniff around that..."

Can anyone remind me about the Baby Aaron storyline..I was bored with ATWT at the time so only tuned in and out and it seemed everyday they were talking about this...how did Andy's name get on the birth certificate and why didnt they just say, "Hey Lily..Holden knocked up Julie and this is his kid and Iva adopted him..okay? One thing off of Lisa's plate.."

• Members

That's interesting because the roots of the Scott Eldredge story seems very Marland-esque in terms of a nod to history, but the execution is a classic tale of production and real life messing up good intentions.

BTW, this whole discussion lead me down a Joseph Breen google-hole.  The latest update is that Carlene Carter (daughter of June Carter Cash) divorced Breen after "years" of separation during the pandemic.

• Members

Julie had shown up on Andy's doorstep pregnant, and he started paying her bills. Lucinda found out and tried to pay Julie to claim Holden was the father to stop Holden and Lily's wedding. I think Andy signed the birth certificate so Aaron could be put up for adoption. 

Per usual, half the town lied to keep poor Lily's feelings from being hurt.

• Members

Bored?

This story got ATWT to #2 in the ratings back in 1991.  I remember Julie having a test done to see if Holden was the father. Everyone in Oakdale was at Bob and Kim 4th of July BBQ. The results of the test were revealed at the BBQ.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Ha..sounds like Marland's ATWT! Grow up Lily...he screwed someone else and can be a father to the kid while married to you. This was weird fake Lily too, the tall cold one?

Yea...I just was done with the whole "Protect Lily" thing..especially since at this time she was played by someone who looked like they could go bear hunting with a stick and seemed unpleasant all the time...(not that Byrne's Lily wasnt a whiny little snot but she was Lily...) and the whole Snyder family was tiresome by that point. A new Margo and Tom who had none of the chemistry or energy of the old M and T's, all the corporate people running around (did anyone in Oakdale just run a hardware store) talking about how they need to focus on relationships instead of business, John with poor dour Iva (after he had screwed her mother....)when John should have been with Lucinda stirring up trouble. I remember being so excited that Will from GL was going to be on ATWT but his character was just as boring as everyone else was. The only bright spot truly was Lucinda reveling in her greed and business and making trouble for the Snyders.  Funny..I was totally into GL at the time and look at its ratings and I can't believe AMC and OLTL were that low in the ratings.

• Members

Logically I agree with you (and Lucinda), Holden had cheated, fathered a child, and it made very little sense that the people of Oakdale cared more about protecting Lily from stress than providing Julie with an adequate parenting partner.

Lily was a wealthy young woman, and corporate executive with many suitors, given the knowledge of Aaron's conception, she could have forgiven Holden or moved on a man who was more loyal.

On the other hand, Julie was less fortunate, prone to addiction, and had fewer options, as evidenced by the fact that she let Andy, (a guy with not many prospects), sign the birth certificate.  Prospectively, her baby not only lost out on a relationship with his father, but also any inheritance from the Snyder Farm, and a divorce settlement from Lily.  

Also, wasn't this first of two times that Andy was involved in a baby secret story?

Edited by j swift