OLTL: Discussion for the week September 20

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hear you, and the "fault" isn't with the viewer in any case. What I'm really beginning to resent is how the soaps are taking their *storytelling* over to the soap casting page and releasing false/dubious/half information to prop their own stories. That's grimey. Self-destruction.

• Members

Oh Lord, now James is trying to cry... let me get off this machine.

WHO WROTE THIS?? "I learned to hide where dad's wrists couldn't reach me/My pirate costume got me laughed out of class..." That scene would have been 1000x better acted out by Parker Posey and Christopher Guest playing mother and son.

• Members

Enjoyed Yesterday, haven't watched faithfully since linda dano and fiona hutchins(on) on the show. Who are these ford guys and who is the new african americans? I see that Destiny and Greg are connected. Are the related to past african americans? The Halls? The Prices? The williamsons? The Gannons? What is going on with Tea, Todd, Eli, and AJ Quartermaine?

• Members

I didn't shed a single tear over self-righteous Sloan's death. I did cry for Jake as he was one of my faves losing the love of his life.

With all the rumors of FL being fired, I wasn't sure Tea would survive and FL just admitted in SOD.Com's breaking news section she at times believed the characte was going to die too. There were some very moving scenes especially in July between Todd, Tea and Dani that moved me to tears. The emotional impact however was derailed by the plot driven hospice crap. That's where RC gutted the story, IMO.

Hmm, except yesterday was expaining to old viewers too WTF Greg/Eli were doing to Tea b/c we had been in the dark too.

I think on paper the exposition was ok, but the acting was subpar and couldn't carry the emotional weight of it.

Archived