OLTL: Discussion for the week September 20

• Members

Yes that would be some type of great "irony", if Rex was not Bo's spawn, and is instead the product of "bad" Clint. And we would get yet another round of Bo saying, "If only YOU were my son," like we got when David was revealed as Bo's son. Yes, a burnt hedgehog is the ideal.

They are using Clint to try to make something entertaining out of stupid stories. JvD is fun but it's all so fake and I just don't buy it as Clint.

I think they wanted to cash in on the Otalia craze and they might also see her as young enough to be acceptable. It's a shame they never considered hiring Liz. If it were me I would have brought in Kristen Vigard as Joy O'Neill, and made Joy the Edsel mother, which would

Then Liz as Connie, and Clint would try to manipulate her to get to Joy and the sons.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have searched but have found nothing.. Have our dear friends at SON commented on Howarth -not- returning? I do not know what to believe at this point. I want to believe SON, as I think this rumor is the only thing worth tuning into OLTL again, other than Zimmer..

I am putting the show back on my DVR for 9/30, but if the Echo storyline fizzles (75% likely) and Howarth is not returning, I see nothing to stick around for..

• Members

I think Clint's motivations for revenge against David are sound- he just found out recently that David was the one who drove Kim out of town. Maybe people weren't watching- but Kim and Clint really connected (which each other and the audience, including myself, from what I can gather). I really think if AS/Kim stuck around, it would have become almost a supercouple. But maybe that's just me- so I find his revenge against David to make sense. I think the fact that he is screwing into Dorian is just additional payback that's been coming... and he's never really gotten over what Bo/Nora did, even after trying to forget about it with Kim. Maybe the fact that Kim leaving prevented him from fully getting over the Bo/Nora betrayal- who knows.

To recap- I think Clint's motivations make perfect sense. ESPECIALLY when compared to "villains" like Eli- who's motivation for serial killing and betraying his own brother is just money... which is no good if he's dead or in jail.

• Members

I enjoyed Kim too and looked forward to the drama with her and Clint and his children as well as Renee and Nigel. But as awful as it sounds coming from a fan (a disgruntled fan, but still a fan) of this show, I'm kind of happy for her that she got out. I would not have reacted well if they put her with Ford for example.

• Members

The problem with Clint's revenge on Dorian, for me, is that it has come a long time after her misdeeds against him and I never got the impression that he was biding his time. Suddenly, as soon as the plot is needed to get Tuc Watkins off the show yet again, Clint comes up with this plan. The whole thing with his revenge against David is the same. They only whipped up David suddenly getting Kim out of town because they needed to have a reason. I don't really understand how Clint went from drunkenly waving a gun at a wedding to methodically planning revenge.

It just feels a lot like throwing stuff together to move the plot along.

• Members

I think even if she had stayed with Clint she would have been exposed as a weaker character. The only time I was impressed by her was with Clint. Stuff like her plan to potentially kill a baby and flashing Nigel's doppleganger didn't do her any favors. Amanda Setton was very lucky with the writing she had while she was on the show. Without having Stacy there to look like her dumber and more pathetic friend, I'm not sure what she would have been. I also never really bought that she would have seriously cared about Clint beyond a meal ticket. Those scenes where she kept fantasizing about other men made me think if she had stayed they would have had her cheating soon enough.

Archived