OLTL: Discussion for the week September 20

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I persoanlly thought she was brought on as a replacement Starr. Starr was always destined to be the female version of Todd, but as she grew up, they morphed her into a heroine and the rebellious and bad behaviors she had went away. I saw Dani as their shot at writing Todd with a troublesome teen daughter and thats what we got with the firecracker as she was introduced. I hope they keep her a little dark bc I see her turning into what Starr is today. I wish they'd give her more of a reason to be angry bc she's gotten too sweet

• Members

The problem with making Dani angry is that Kelli Missal is probably a representative for a lot of the teen girl viewers that might be interested in watching the show. I think KA was as well, although perhaps not as much now. I would guess they're both reasons why the show has good teen viewership. So what to do with their characters? Todd is the show's leading man, so you can't have them angry at him because they'd have to be written as being in the wrong. The show tends to have them react to bad things happening to them and also put them in some type of fated insta-love stories.

• Members

I think KA has a very large teen girl following.

Dani was angry at Todd for almost a year and only Todd seemed to find her rage over the top. Everyone else understood why she wouldn't accept a rapist like Todd easily for a dad.

It's John McBain who is the leading man no one can be angry with b/c he's always the heroic guy in the right.

• Members

That turned into Ross manipulating her. The main emphasis was on while Dani might have understandable objections, she would ultimately accept Todd. The days when any of Todd's kids can have valid objections to him seem over. I think they won't go there again after the stuff where he got ugly with Starr.

Archived