OLTL: Discussion for the week September 20

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fords are the new family in town that has basically swallowed this show whole.

Inez is there mother who was married to Eddie, an abusive criminal who falsely accused her of having an affair so she ran off pregnant to save her unborn baby from him. That's Nate, Dani's boyfriend. Inez left behind two sons. The oldest is Bobby Ford, a real player and total scum bucket, but the show is desperate to redeem him. James is the middle son, and the only semi-decent character of the Ford clan. He's fallen hard for Starr Mannning.

Destiny and Greg are siblings... for now. There are rumors Greg is really her father not much older brother and there's some big secret behind her birth which Eli knows and used to blackmail Greg.

Eli forced Greg to make Tea believe she was dying from a brain tumor, Stage IV cancer. All summer it was Tea preparing to die and working to get Todd and Dani to bond. Dani was raised by Tea and Ross in Tahiti, Tea believed Ross was the bio-father all her childhood and only 2 years ago started to suspect Todd was really bio-daddy and DNA test proved that. Greg faked Tea's death to save her from Elijah. With Tea dead, Elijah faked her will stating Ross has custody when Tea really wanted Todd to have custody. So they are in court battling over custody.

I think that covers it, welcome back to OLTL ;-)

• Members

Kelley Missal has so improved as an actress. I thought today was some of her best scenes yet. Except for the Fords mess, today was a big improvement all around. I thoroughly enjoyed Kelly, Clint and Matthew interaction, too. I'm loving wicked Clint with that gleam in his eye.

• Members

She usually manages to get past the shrieking and the bizarre sullen frowning when she's not around some of the show's lazier actors.

I think the idea of a tumor story was moving, and I think Florencia did a good job. Unfortunately I think TSJ tanked most of the scenes. I don't believe Todd cares about anyone.

• Members

I just saw the episode and yes Destiny needs to go sit her ass down somewhere. I cant beleiev she just got up there in court pretending to be some lawyer. That whole scene just looked dumb as hell

Matthew working at BE in that suit that was too big for him also looked pretty dumb

• Members

I thought KM did really well today too and I liked the James/Inez scenes. Whoever decided to take Clint dark deserves a pat on the back. It's a twist that has tons of potential.

I remember some of us discussed Greg being Destiny's father when he first arrived in town. I hope they go there, assuming they plan on keeping the Evan's family around.

• Members

What I don't understand about this twist with the Evans family is why they might do this when most of the actors in the family aren't capable of playing the material, even if the writing was good, which is tough to believe.

They tend to make the young characters we aren't supposed to care about seem immature, while the teen characters we're supposed to love, like Dani and Nathuselah, are supposed to be more mature.

• Members

when is Dani written as more mature? You are constantly commenting on how she is always yelling. The yelling, outbursts, and bad attitude are signs of immaturity. Not to mention her rebellious nature and lack of regard for authority. One day she's bashed for being an immature brat and now she's pointed out bc she's supposed to be written as more mature. You can have it both ways.

Destiny comes across very mature, at least more so than all of the other teens. My issue with her today was that she was too mature, acting like she's one of the adults. No girl, you are a kid and need to take your butt back to school..

Archived