OLTL: Discussion for the week September 20

• Members

I've been highly critical of SE in the past but I think Destiny's an improved character. There's less a reciting of lines but a real sense of feeling the dialogue now. I am impressed with KM's Dani, like someone else pointed out she's one of the few teens in daytime who has good reaction shots. She's IN character all the time.

KA is hit or miss with me.

BU's been a disappointment for months as her fake crying in fallout of Markko/Ford fight scenes was painful.

I find the trio of Ford brothers poorly written and acted characters. James is marginally bearable b/c the actor has some onscreen charisma. DAG is only good at selling sex scenes and seedy player attitude. Sincerity is way beyond his skills. LP's Nate is just plain wooden.

JMO, of course.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thrilled Tea is finally awake! But I am worried that her heart rate and blood pressure was spiking so high. I fear we're about to learn that all those toxic meds and radiation treatment did some real damage to her.

Todd left his office claiming he was going to do what Tea would want. I think he's remembering that Tea ran and hid Dani to protect her from Ross, so yeah he's making that choice now too.

• Members

This I totally agree with. I'm actually managing to enjoy Inez, James, and Nate. Robert needs some improvement. But I can't see why Starr, Langston, Dani, or Destiny are popular. The actresses that play those roles are not really talented or good looking. IMO

• Members

Nate does not bother me, save for his Ford connection. Inez bothers me. This would stand regardless of the Ford connection. James is bearable in and of himself in the same way that any random new young brunette boy in ABC daytime is bearable. And yet again, there is the Ford connection. Bobby Ford bothers me. A lot. The character, the agenda, the very idea of him, the fact that these other characters are under his umbrella. His character imo has tarnished anything these other Fords could potentially be.

• Members

Oh I think Langston has gotten plenty of hate, on this board at least, particularly at the height of her shadiness to Markko. Starr, she gets panned too, but Starr is almost like Jessica, we've known her for so damn long we pretty much accept her presence regardless of our issues with her. And Destiny, we go round and round with her too, but it's not even fair to include her in the argument because she is solidly a supporting player.

• Members

I find the Ford invasion annoying, but it's far from the worst thing we've ever endured. I think Inez/Nate could have worked without connecting them to James/Robert... but oh well, what's done is done. If they were on a bit less I wouldn't mind them... and I have been finding myself not hating James as much. Actually- I don't hate any of them. I just dont' really like them.

Probably still in the minority but I really like Kelly and always have.

This show has too many damn characters. With everyone on today, we're still missing over 3/4 of the cast. And they're adding more! IT doesn't make sense... but whatever.

And the weird car driving stuff today was annoying.

• Members

And Clint is one of my favorite characters. THIS is a villain- not the most recent incarnation of Mitch, or Spencer, or Eli. Someone who might be doing unethical and borderline illegal things, but still be able to control and coerce people. I am excited for the future of Clint and the story that is coming up for him... dont screw it up!

• Members

I'm glad they aren't having Clint go around killing people, but I find his ability to control all these people kind of silly, and it also trashes some characters. I don't care about Rex, but if I did, I would find his betrayal of Bo to be very damning, especially when Rex knows a ton of people who would be happy to cut Gigi a check for school if they knew what Clint had done.

Clint is just a generic plot device in the story, although hopefully they won't have him go too far. I guess they finally got their wish of making him the new Asa -- Asa spent his last ten to fifteen years on the show as a plot device. I just wish Clint would try to decimate the Edsels the way Asa did the Rappadavisons.

• Members

Sadly on most soaps now that's true.

But with Clint specifically - who is he? What is he? Does it really make any sense that David suddenly ran Kim out of town, as anything other than a flimsy reason for Clint to get revenge? Is there a reason why Clint has now suddenly plotted all this revenge against Dorian when he did nothing during her campaign for mayor or when she was in Mitch's command? Does it make any sense that Clint is wooing Inez when this mouse of a woman would never make much of an impact on Bo or Nora?

Clint is there to serve the plot, and to manipulate people. Like Matthew, he no longer exists as a character.

• Members

The Clint thing isn't really working. The motivations are all screwy. I'm not even gonna get into the insane notion that Clint Freaking Buchanan would give a wet dishrag like Inez a second look, revenge in the mix or no. If TPTB were bound and determined to bring in an ex-GLer for Clint, why the hell didn't they get Liz Keifer to return as Connie O'Neill?! JVD and LK had chemistry out the you-know-what and if they wanted to make things messy with Bo, Connie has a link to him through her sister, his late soulmate, Didi. I know he and Nora just got back together but Didi was the love of his life and I could see him gravitating to her sister. It would at least make more sense than him taking pity on Ford-mama and fighting Clint over her.

I have a horrible sinking feeling that Rex is gonna end up being Clint's brat with Echo. It would be just like this show to waste two of it's best actors on JPL.

Archived