August 30 - September 3, 2010

Toups

• Members

Depends on when Toups gets the ratings.

I will go out on a limb and say OLTL will be at the bottom of the ratings again this week. Unless AMC dropped below them. I dont think the Eli story has been a ratings grabber. The whole Nate is my brother i hate him because he took us from mom is lame.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I'll echo Karen's quote from under the ratings news item: "Wow....talk about breathless, misleading, tabloid-y headlines. In households, GH is up 5.4% over last week....but OLTL is also up in that category by 4.7%....not much percentage difference increase.

And in women 18-49, GH is up by 3.8%...but OLTL is also up in that demo, by 2.4%.

So how is one "spiking," but the other "tanking" when both are up, by percentages that aren't that far apart?

Are you working overtime as VMG's PR person now, or something?"

I have to agree....what's with the "spin-worthy" headline?

• Webmaster

Look at the overall ratings... While GH and OLTL are both up by over 100,000 viewers week-to-week, OLTL barely increased year-to-year, which is the only way to see if a show is doing well and is just a few viewers above the canceled ATWT. GH, however, gained nearly a quarter of a million viewers from last year.

• Members

Yeah...um...year to year, OLTL is up, by 21,000 in total viewers...while shows you don't say are "tanking", like B&B for instance, are down 116,000 viewers.

And in women 18-49, OLTL is down by a mere 19,000, while AMC is down also a relatively small 24,000...but AMC doesn't warrant the "tanking" reference, either.

Seriously...if you ever want to be taken seriously as a news site, you might want to chill out on the over-the-top misleading headlines :lol:

Archived