B&B: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought JMW did well in her scenes with KKL today. I liked some of her reactions to the things Brooke was saying. It was like part of her wanted to accept Brooke's apology, but she just couldn't quite let go of the past. Too bad some of the writing didn't back up her acting choices because I thought the way she played it was much more realistic than being an unrelenting hardass with someone who helped to raise her.

I like that Thomas is seeing Brooke's side. He's older so he's going to have more memories of Brooke. I only wish the show would keep going in this direction.

• Members

I liked JMW too. The past few months, she has really grown on me. And having the Brooke-Stephanie rivalry work via Steffy too is an interesting way of recasting old hatreds.

I thought it was big of Brooke to apologize for breaking up Ridge & Taylor's marriage -- especially since Taylor was the one who first eyed up Ridge when Caroline was dying and broke up Ridge & Brooke's relationship sometime thereafter.

Liam is a great addition. I just wish B&B would do so much more with Sarah Brown, Ric Hearst and Heather Tom. All three are excellent actors and yet totally wasted. Only Don Diamont appears to be making a place for himself on the canvas -- for now.

• Members

Unfortunetely I dont think Sarah Brown or Ric Hearst have much of a place. Whips' return was ill conceived. He came back with no storyline and nothing the show has done since has justified why Whip needed to come back. Unforutnetly he is and will continue to be the Clarke of Jackie M.

Agnes? The character just needs to go. Boring and a waste of SB's talents. I think she needs to go psycho and at least be written out with a bang

Now as far as Heather Tom goes, she as Katie has tons of potential and it looks like they are finally using her again. I say drop Donna and just leave Katie as the default younger Logan sister. No need for both of them. I say go full forward with the Katie/Bill/Steffy triangle. The foundation is already there between all 3 characters and it would make for one splashy and juicy triangle. And if they were to make Liam, Bill's son, that would make things even more scandalous, if he took a liking to Steffy, since

.I think HT does great with the corporate world scenes and I think it would be good to have Katie in a position of power again. With Bill having stock in Forrester, it would be intersting if he somehow got Katie over there in some capacity. Maybe she can represent him in board meetings. If Bill does end up stepping out on her, or if she found out that he almost did a few months ago, maybe she can rekindle what she had going on with Thorne a couple of years ago. Really theres SO MUCH that can be done with Katie. She has the most to offer out of these three.

• Members

Word. JG is great for some comic relief but it is clear she cannot carry heavy SLs. Katie OTOH has blossomed since they put her in Dollar Bill's orbit.

+1. DD, HT and JMcI have a ton of chemistry and this could be a freakin amazing triangle. I also agree about the corporate SLs. I love it when B&B does a juicy one, and when Katie was FC CEO, that was great. HT makes Katie come across as both intelligent and hard-working.

• Members

This is one development or CBS SiD mode: THE TWIST WE NEVER SAW COMING... :lol:

Jackie Wood looked stunning this week.

As you mentioned Donna: haven't been watching regularly this years but why on earth didn't Brad write her out properly for her maternity leave??? The role is even more pointless than in the pasts these days. Sarah Brown is also annoying on B&B. Those throwaway scene with Oliver could easily work with Whip and this character has way more potential to be kept on the show.

Speaking of low key workload performers: Amber!?????? Is Brad Bell still writing this show - I'm SHOCKED that she's on soo little.

• Members

Oh I loved the scenes today. They felt like such a much needed diversion from the heavy drama of the past few weeks. If only B&B would use Thorne, I think I could have liked the possibility of him being the father and I thought today they kinda looked alike. But they are building something here with Liam and Bill which is shaping up to be interesting. I like how Katie is bing utilized here, accepting it all while Bill is fighting it. I wonder if this will get her to want to have a child again.. That would be a good story for them

Archived