ATWT: August 2010 discussion

• Members

Yes, adorable is a good word for Luke and Reid today. They make a husky couple as Rose would say...lol. I thought they were oozing with sexual chemistry today.

ESS said that only OLTL remained in the east coast. He said he wouldn't rule out doing another soap but I think ESS wants to stay on the east coast.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now Henry falling for Mike I can believe, (who wouldnt..man, woman gay or straight...) but Mike doing the dead with Henry..uh, dont see it.

They should have done a story with Henry falling in love with Mike, which makes him come out, and Mike gently lets him down as he is straight, but they still remain buddies. That would have been a good Marlandesque story which showed a straight guy can totally accept that a gay guy has the hots for him without freaking out...as long as they didnt make Henry pathetic, and he found someone in the end (making Mike, kinda, sorta jealous. )

Or as another ode to Marland, they could have Henry revert to his bitchy ways (maybe even opening a men's clothing line, "Simply Hank," ) and get Mike drunk one night and then crawl into bed naked with him (plus, we get another shot of Mike's chest..) "But Mike, dont you remember our night of passion?" So Mike goes around thinking he banged Henry and Henry can toy with the poor guy for a while until ultimately, someone "exposes," them (and Henry gets a "Buster," speech from Kim!)

• Members

Why, why, WHY do you have to do this to me when I know I'm never going to see Collier as Mike again & that Matie aren't endgame? Damnit

Bite your tongue. I felt sorry for him when he was stuck with Dull-ifer & she was schtupping Craig & guilting him into raising babyMontgomery with him. The only time I got any relief is when he finally f*cked Katie in that hotel room. I was in Matie heaven, after months of watching Katie marrying her gay best pal who wanted to f*ck the guy who she was trying to trick into stopping her wedding to mini-David Gest.

• Members

Sadly, Emily schtupping Bob would make for GREAT story. Can you imagine the scenes between Kim, Susan, & Emily? Not to mention Babs vs Emily. Sounds like soap heaven to me.

Team Goutman. Martha Byrne blows & I'm glad we haven't had to watch her whining & screeching about Holden moving on with Molly. Just no. And I'm glad he didn't go the Rose-route either. Besides, Byrne is the HUGE writer/producer/director/star of the phenomenal web series Venice Manhattan Lives Smallville Gotham!

Yeah- fabulously drab. Ugh! Kristina Sisco, I mean really? This is the best they could do? They can't get me f-ing Mark Collier but I gotta watch Sisco's Abigail again? I'd rather watch Janet & that little mafia friend of hers put up wallpaper in her new cabin house built by a 14 year old.

Oh, and AMS, don't ever put Celia in the same category as Amira & Sofie again. Celia and all her over-the-top blubbering & buffoonery was love. Substitute Cleo for Celia & we're all happy.

• Members

I like the first scenario more. It's more down-to-earth. Not that the second scenario wouldn't have its moments, but I'd be afraid everyone would want to play it strictly for "camp value" and nothing else.

• Members

Yea, if they played it "straight," I think the second one would be good. Henry being the first gay "Bitch," in daytime...but with a heart (cause he is really doing it because he loves Mike, so he would feel a bit quilty as time wore on) Mike having inner turmoil about his sexuality..and then coming to the conclusion that "one blow job does not a faggot make," and then moving on with his life. I know GLADD would be all over it complaining, but maybe we could salvage it by having a good gay character (gah, NOT annoying Luke) who actually likes Henry, thinks he is funny and cute and even sexy, expose his misdeeds and then show him what it was like to have a guy actually return his affections.

I think that the first storyline would actually work as Collier, unbelievably hot that he is, has a down to earth masculine quality that isnt the preening, "Oh, I am so hot and sexy," we usually get from soap hotties. He actaully comes off as a guy who is comforatable in his masculinity so you could buy this god like specimen not being freaking by Henry's lust, where I think other soap "studs," would make it look like they were throwing Henry a bone (uh, so to speak.)

Anyway, I always thought Collier and the Henry actor were playing that subtext anyway..it was the Henry actor who first went to Gautman and said, "Henry is gay right?" and good ole Gautie wouldnt hear of it.

• Members

If the second scenario were to happen, Mitch, I'd want a big comeuppance for Henry. Like, Kelly-busts-Nola big. And the third party who exposes Henry's misdeeds and ultimately becomes his love interest must be a Hughes.

• Members

Henry started dressing in drag at the time when they never identified his sexuality. After that I guess it was still just done as a joke, like Cass on AW.

I don't think chemistry was a problem with Henry and women, I thought he had chemistry with Vienna (the writers did a big number on her for this triangle with Henry and Barbara) and I think he has a lot with Barbara.

While it would have been interesting to have seen him in a gay storyline, considering how characters like Reid have pretty much been worn down to nothing other than being strangled by a going-nowhere relationship, Henry was probably better off straight...

• Members

Really, I think Reid is one of the gay characters (actually character of any sexuality) that has something going on besides "Two wuv," with this hospital board thing. Actually to give Gautey his due, ATWT has done a better job of it (at least compared to GL in its dying days) of having characters with at least a semblence of a whole life going (family, friends, jobs.)

And Khan, that was exactley what I was thinking of his comeuppance, the Kelly/Nola thing. Katie would be hurt her buddy lied, as would Mike, the betrayal would be so much deeper then a couple split up and "He made me think I was gay." which are the best soap storylines.

• Members

To me the hospital board story is an example of the character's wasted potential. It all became about Luke.

I wish we'd seen more of how he was with the Hughes. I guess he still has the rivalry with Chris, but otherwise he rarely seems to be around and when he is it's for this relationship we are never going to see any of anyway.

Archived