ATWT: August 2010 discussion

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I was a little let down---it seems ever since the plans for the show about Nancy's death were announced, it was implied the ENTIRE cast would be a part of it. Yes, I realize that may have been ambitious and budget busting to have everyone in the episode, but I was hoping more along the lines of seeing all the characters have a moment of reflection upon hearing the news, even if they weren't exactly seen mourning Nancy at some wake/funeral. They could have spread that out over two or three days, and been the springboard to everyone making life-changing decisions.

If ever there was an occasion to bring back Andy, Sabrina, and Frannie, this would have been it. Were they even mentioned?

• Members
I guess they were caught off guard and wrote in as quickly as they could, which seems like more of the make it up as we go along mentality they employ. I didn't mind the divas flashback too much as I don't remember Barbara or Lucinda having a ton of scenes with Nancy (although I know there must have been some...I think Barbara had some, beyond the usual Hughes family gatherings, when she was in her crazy period around 2001-2004 or whenever).

They had plenty of time to create an idea for the episode and write the script the right way.

I read CZP's interview at CBS.com and she said her first scenes were with Nancy. They could've easily played those!!!

The diva bus flashback was retarded. They didn't even show many Nancy moments during that to begin with. And the flashback itself? All it showed was screaming. :rolleyes:

^^^I think she clearly has psycho tendencies.

So does every other character in Oakdale. I've always seen KMH's Emily as a "she can get a little crazy, but I love the hell out of her" character.

• Members

If ever there was an occasion to bring back Andy, Sabrina, and Frannie, this would have been it. Were they even mentioned?

John mentioned Andy, but not in connection with Nancy. I don't think either Sabrina or Frannie was mentioned.

Archived