ATWT: August 2010 discussion

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apparently this stupid Craig rewrite with Gabriel and Craig, complete with endless scenes of Molly weeping (which is always my least favorite Molly...) has made me so reluctant to keep up that I'm still somewhere in June. I just saw the scene where poor Lisa was dragged out for her guarantee or whatever just so Gabe would do his usual wooden pouting at her and defend his father and refuse a job.

I wonder if it would have helped if she'd actually told him why she hates Craig so much. They were close for a long time, weren't they, until the Barbara burning?

Goutman and Sheffer destroyed so many of Craig's friendships (and pretty much all the friendships between any characters, with a few exceptions) and now it's just kind of sad to see these old characters and remember what they once were. Not that I lived and died on the Lisa/Craig friendship or anything, just that I miss some of the old days.

• Members

I've had it with Barbara and her yelling. Just beat the [!@#$%^&*] out of Iris now!! Too badk

Gawd...the forcing of Katie and Chris is too much for me. They are dull as dirt. They have nothing! Why pimp this sleep coma inducing couple. Chris can't be more boring if he tried. He has no sex appeal whatsoever!

• Members

More and more, I wish TIIC had simply cut their losses with Katie and shipped her out of town with Simon. It is painful to watch the lack of chemistry between Cosgrove and Columbino. (If I didn't know better, I'd think Columbino was purposely not making an effort to create any chemistry with him in the wake of her affair with Peck.)

GAWD--enough of Babs in that dingy room! I'm having acid flashbacks of weeks and weeks of Martha Byrne in that dirt well playing as BOTH Lily and Rose.

Seriously, that pic Iris showed Babs was supposed to convince Babs everyone was happier without her? GWEN didn't even look happy (not that she ever does anyway) and Iris is her mom.

• Members

Columbino is one of Goutman's pets so she had to get another storyline. It's all about Katie and find a man to hump. So sick of it! And Bingo on Columbino not putting any effort in the Chris scenes.. I totally agree! She has her Pecker at home.

• Members

Yeah...I don't exactly know why Katie needs yet another man lusting after her as the show winds down. TIIC could have simply had Katie "ready to move on" at the end. It's really a shame Cosgrove is being thrown out like chum at Katie's feet. I adore Cosgrove. He's got a lot more depth than he's able to show here.

• Members

Wow--lately it's been painful for me to watch. That's like a rarity. Whats going on? I guess they figured since the show is already gone, they just didn't care what they threw together before we got to the good stuff--probably like on the last two days.

Barbara and the inanimate clown in the basement bit is just :blink:

Iris being behind this is just an awful end to what was originally about Vienna/Babs/Henry, but it looks like that Babs/Vienna showdown isn't going to happen. Was Iris honestly the only way Willen could come back...? I could think of 20 people I would have rather had come back than Iris, right off the top of my head. Watching her grin and manipulate her way through Oakdale has not been what I call entertainment.

I absolutely hate Chris and Katie. They really are trying to push these two on us, what with Tom and Margo's daily pondering on the topic. Chris is so pushy, goofy and annoying, I mean damn...its totally plausible for Katie not to be ready for a relationship right now. Perhaps, I could be biased as I always saw Katie ending up with Simon or Mike--at least.

Reid is rarely even on now, so he can't do what he does best: make bad episodes good.

Just not really feeling it lately. Did I mention that talking clown? :unsure:

Archived