Les Moonves' Wife's Talk Show to Replace ATWT

• Members

Sara Gilbert? Julie Chen? Holly Robinson? Sharon Osbourne? Crazy-ass Leah Remini? Jesus Christ, what a motley crew. This does not sound like a good mix. It could be very watchable, like the shadow-side of the already-dysfunctional View. If they're all alive by week 6 I'll be amazed.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait, the girl from Hairspray beat up a DWTS contestant?

Jack the show is Huge (I always wanna call it Hung lol). I've been meaning to check it out actually--partly cuz I love Gina Torres but partly cuz it's created/headwritten by Winnie Holzman--creator of My So-Called Life, writer of the script for Wicked on Broadway, etc, etc. I was wondering why there was no thread on here yet.

• Members

I loved when Martha had Miss Piggy on and in all honesty (I'm convinced it wasn't an act), Miss Piggy started driving her crazy with her comments--that and when she had Amy Sedaris on were my two fave Martha moments--but I'm not sure the show even airs here anymore. That said, I'm convinced Martha is trying to change her image (maybe because her empire is on the decline?) More and more she's had late night appearances, on Jimmy Fallon, etc, where she genuinely seems far more comfortable being self depricating and not taking things too seriously. But who knows.

• Members

Ha you just said how you disliked nearly everyone, and then went on about how compelling it would be. (Fair enough I guess, that's partly what makes these shows). I loathe Remini and Sharon Osbourne myself, the others I could take or leave, though I'm oddly intrigued by Sarah Gilber. Sharon Osbourne is an utter phony who knows how to market herself, it's true. For the US she keeps this sorta kind image--on her flop talk show and America's Got Talent she's the nice judge, sorta plays the mother figure. Then you see her in the UK where I guess she knows what audiences there like and she's the queen bitch. It makes me doubt any of her sincerity (she has some hysterically awful bits with Graham Norton on his show where they're like the two mean school bullies mocking the looks, weight, etc, of all these frankly bigger celebrities). I bet she'll revert to mother hen for this show though, since it is for the US.

Well so's Kelsey, to be fair (and I'm pretty certain he's not gay). But I mean you can't have started your career performing Sondheim on stage and tell all your friends you're not pro gay rights ;) It is interesting that Heaton's on such a relatively left wing themed show now...

• Members

Funny you mention "My So-Called Life" because I'm currently re-watching the show from beginning to end on DVD and am reminded of just how much it rocked. No show in my lifetime can even touch it. I've long thought that Holzman, Zwick, and Herskovitz should take over AMC & show these ninnies on daytime how it's done.

But back on topic. Saw this headline earlier:

"NBC cancels DAYS- show to be replaced by a fourth & a half hour of The Today Show & a new version of "Card Sharks"

• Members

The first season had a little opening sequence with clips of Martha set to Swing Out Sister's cover of "Am I the Same Girl?" They ditched it, though, after a year and just have a similar-sounding instrumental play as she comes out at the start of the show.

Probably more TPIR. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Archived