Les Moonves' Wife's Talk Show to Replace ATWT

• Members

CBS and CNN are owned by the same mega-conglomerate, right? (Honestly, I lost track of this [!@#$%^&*] long ago, so I've no idea anymore.) If they are, and if CBS can't really find anything to hold onto their soaps' audiences, then I wouldn't be surprised if the network eventually ceded their day-part to the other network's continuing news coverage.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What makes Martha stand out is being fascinated by how this extremely cold, controlled, sometimes extremely passive-aggressive person can handle a talk show where anything can happen. Even after all these years seeing her run roughshod over the people who work for her (who at times seem to have identical hairdos to her...) and seeing her "interview" guests can be TV gold. That and the random thrashing she did of Cybill Shepherd a few years back.

• Members

Sadly, Deal has been holding steady IIRC. It's not a megaratings performer, but then again, I don't expect for it to be. The show is produced like some public access nightmare and isn't even taped in High Definition. But people are all about camp and kitsch these days. If Deal can hold at least a 1.5 household, even with terrible demos, the show at least has a few more years left before affiliates start whining.

The Chenbot is a different story. Sadly, we're stuck with this show, even if it registers a 0.8 household. It took ten years and Rosie O'Donnell to get The View where it is today. Les, as long as he is in charge at CBS, will give this show 1000%, even if it means sacrificing Y&R's timeslot.

• Members

I don't know, bellcurve, a show THAT bad & out of touch with the times has got to bottom out sooner than later. Any idea what it's demos look like? I can't imagine that it's grabbing the coveted 18-49 year olds attention.

I only watched in the hopes that Lopez would take his clothes off. 2 out of 5 days a week, he did. Doubt we'll be seeing the same from Chenbot, and who wants to see Leah Remini or Sara Gilbert (:wub:) naked anyway?

• Members

According to one report (don't know where I read it, maybe on this board?), LMAD's ratings and demos were about the same as GUIDING LIGHT's, which had me convinced people were watching LMAD strictly b/c they were used to watching a CBS show everyday @ 2 pm or whenever.

Archived